• ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    NOT surprised at all.:rolleyes:

But the school will be praised because they were so proactive.

Sorry if I caused confusion... I didn't mean to link those two parts of my post. The first (being a false report) was my own thought, then I stated that I was listening to the scanner. I didn't overhear that over the scanner. My bad for poor phrasing.

A female called in that a white man in a long coat may have had a long gun with him. May have fled in a green or gray sedan in an unknown direction.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    It would not surprise me at all if this was a "political stunt"

And that's why.

And yes, my cynicism is showing.

I do not want to see such reports turn into the boy who cried wolf, revisited.
    with the way these have been occurring lately, it will end up like the tornado sirens. they will sound and no one will react because they occur so often.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Sorry if I caused confusion... I didn't mean to link those two parts of my post. The first (being a false report) was my own thought, then I stated that I was listening to the scanner. I didn't overhear that over the scanner. My bad for poor phrasing.
    your forgiven....This time....next time you will have to answer to rhino.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    With the current gun scare, it would also be an excellent opportunity for theft. I doubt that's what is going on though. If the "suspect" was going to shoot people, he would have already done so. This is ridiculous.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    WIBC Update: Police say young woman leaving school saw what appeared to be a white male with a long rifle.

Also she has two bad eyes and wears glasses, and was 500 yards away.

Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    I feel helpless. I'm stuck at work while my girlfriend and friends cowers in a corner at school. I have class in the Nursing building at 4. I saw pictures of police heading into that building. I have never felt so far from my weapon.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My highschool classmate is one of our state senators, and I swear he just got a bill through the Indiana senate allowing LTCH holders to carry on college campus's.

We are already allowed (it is not illegal). It is just against their policy.

That's why this is so odd. Nothing illegal is happening, but everyone is freaking out.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    My initial thought was someone who was licensed to carry got out of their car for class, remember his side arm, took it off to secure it in his vehicle and some liberal, Feinstein wanna be saw that and freaked out, calling for the marines to air assault in and the banning of anything that might resemble a gun.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    My highschool classmate is one of our state senators, and I swear he just got a bill through the Indiana senate allowing LTCH holders to carry on college campus's.

No bill passed the Senate to do this. There was one introduced, but it did not get heard and died in committee.

Make sure you express your gratitude for that to Sen. David Long (R-Ft. Wayne), President Pro Tempore of the Senate.

Oh, did I type gratitude? My mistake. I meant "outrage".

Top Bottom