• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    My wife was just out refilling the hummingbird feeders and held one out. They were flying right up to her and drinking out of the feeders. I went out and held it out and there were 4 dogfighting all around me. As long as you hold pretty still, they'll come right up to you. They wouldn't leave each other alone long enough to drink much though.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I had one get in my garage last week, and she hung upside down till I got a ladder out and caught her. She blinded herself on the fluorescent lights then couldn't find her way out. I picked her up with no resistance and released her after pictures.

Horn, if I can get them to photobucket, I'll send you pics.

jtdet01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Entered thread expecting hummingbird upside down 'in flight'. That would be impressive. Disappointed that he was just hanging there. I guess I am not much of a bird watcher.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    It's a political statement.

I've seen them perch in a bush next to my feeder. Sit on the feeder and drink. I've also seen a couple doing some kind of dance flying up and down and doing loops opposite each other.
    I did something similar to woo my wife. That's how I ripped my ACL...but it was worth it.

Top Bottom