• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    that sucks, ive got one too i was thinking about sending off to get restored (depending on how well it shoots now that i have proper ammo)

i didnt know they could ship rifles 2 day i thought they required overnight same as handguns?

also last time i had a newegg order lost/mis-delivered ups told me the shipper was the one responsible for contacting ups, they wouldnt do anything for me as the recipient

good luck getting your rifle back :dunno:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    As long as Im taken care of, and soon, thats my main concern.
    :lmfao:

Thats like someone filing a claim with the FDIC and saying that :laugh:

You read the fine print didn't you? While UPS will give you a decision muck quicker than the FDIC, unless it's 100% cut and dry on their end, you are looking at a month or three.

Good luck and realize that the shippers responsibility to file paper work basically ends with the report being filed. YOU are ultimately responsible for YOUR item.

Dot all the I's cross all the T's. Good luck.

toucan2442

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    yup i worked at ups, the stuff i seen. I WILL NEVER ship with ups for anything but gl and let us know how it turns out

skynyrd1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    UPS "misplaced" a pistol of mine one time. Haven't used them since. I have had alot better luck with FedEX.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    Dude, that sucks. If that were my rifle UPS would be hearing from me two or three times a day. I would also contact the police and BATFE. I don't know if they could do anything, but it couldn't hurt.

JHAWK1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    where was the last place the tracking # shows it to be here there or in the middle call them and demand they find your gun i hope they get it right

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I would be contacting both the local police as well as the BATFE and report the gun stolen. MY guess is if the BATFE or the police start asking questions it will 'light a fire' under the colective asses of UPS and speed things along. Let's face it NOBODY likes the feds snooping through their business. :)

Greg

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    In my case it made to the hub then it was gone by the tracking numbers. :dunno: My local Post Master said employees at the hub can tell how much its insured for just by looking at the package, small box high dollar amount insurance must be a god thing to grab. :xmad:
    Post Masters are USPS, US Postal Service. UPS is a private company.

If it is labeled a high value, it is controled and signed for at the destination. There is a print-out that is recieved each day. High values come in a special bag. Other then that, unless you read the label that say's "Jim's house of Garands" you will not know.

Theft could happen, most likely misload, or perhaps some ones Haz-mat spilled on the package? Drivers make about $70k a year, doesn't mean that something couldn't happen, but drivers are pretty trustworthy...many people trust them with keys and security codes and what not.

I wish you luck, one thing to remember is that even though it is your gun, UPS deals with the shipper, they are the one to package and insure it. Until you sign for it, it is considered their property.

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Dude, UPS lost a car rear end I sent to a guy!!!:rolleyes:
    How in the F*** do you misplace a 80# object, strapped to a pallet? BTW, the buyer received a small box of tie-downs several weeks later.

I was out the difference between my selling price and the insurance amount. Live and learn.

esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Update

Sorry, Ive been out of town. UPS found my gun, imagine that! It said: "incorrect routing at UPS facility" ?? What ever, I had it after a failed attemp to my house re-routed to were Im at now. It arrived to day, BIUSTED stock!!!!! The adventure continues, the shipper says they will blame the package, so hes turning it in to his insurance.:xmad:

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I'm glad to see that you finally received the lost M1 Garand!!! Its amazing how the bigger more expensive packages get lost and/ or damaged....

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    HA! wait until they "loose" 150k worth of jewelry, and spend your day checking out pawn shops on the south side of chi-town. Now thats a bad day.

I used to hear stories of whole trailers disappearing from Jeff Street, down by U of I/Maxwell Street. I don't know what it's like now, but is was rough at one time.

Top Bottom