• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    I sent my M1 to Orion7 in New York, Athony Pucci is recommended in the books Ive read as an excellent M1 guy. I had her redone, new barrel intalled I was told she in now shooting tight groups at 200 yards. I paid for two day shipping from UPS and they lost her!

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    I just passed one of those UPS Trailer Trains with one of the trailers on its side on 465 near the airport! I wonder if something like that happened...I sure hope not. Good luck man!

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I had a deal with UPS a few months ago I shiped some rims and when the guy got them one was bent, UPS said it was my fault because the boxs were not heavey enough for the rims, I pointed out that they are the same boxs that was shiped to me with the new ones and that there was no way a box could bend a rim like that, it had to be a fork lift hit it( there Fault) I had them insured they still have not paid said it was my fault, Good luk with them and keep after them, the squeeky whell gets the grease.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I sent my M1 to Orion7 in New York, Athony Pucci is recommended in the books Ive read as an excellent M1 guy. I had her redone, new barrel intalled I was told she in now shooting tight groups at 200 yards. I paid for two day shipping from UPS and they lost her!

Did you make a police report? That might get UPS in gear a little faster in finding it for you. (Could it have been stolen by an employee?)

SteelersFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Muncie
    I sold a Eotech that got lost (stolen) when I shipped it, had ins. 3 months later still waiting for my money. I will never use UPS for anything of value again.

Ruiner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    UPS dropped a transmission I had shipped and broke the housing, and refused to give me any money for it because I signed for the package. ( They had "lost" it for 3 days because the original container was destroyed and they put it in a new box )

1750 down the drain.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    About 9 years ago I was shipped a laptop from a corporate office and when I got it the box was mostly destroyed. Once I opened it I found it to have a broken screen. I contacted UPS and they picked up the box and laptop for inspection.

I estimated to myself that the laptop was worth $500, I got a check about two weeks later for $2100 and change! They gave the value of replacing the laptop and all the software like office that was one there. That is my one and only dealing with a shipping claim, and it went perfectly!

There are a few good stories out there, the check did cover almost exactly my (better) replacement.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    If it were stolen by an employee, it must have only been a driver. UPS hub's have a lot of security. Employees can't even take their phones into the hub's. They go through metal detectors on the way out.

While it is not impossible that it was stolen, I would say more likely to be lost. if it got put on the wrong truck, it could be shipped across the country before it was found out. Could be a while to get it straightened out.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Wow, that blows, I've heard stories, but I've yet to have a bad experience with UPS *knock on wood*

FedEx is usually more expensive, but I've not heard too many tales, tales of a fateful shipment, that started at a logistics dock, aboard a tiny...van?

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I deal with UPS every day, either shipping or claims. Make sure the shipper has fully insured the weapon. Then call every day and stay on them. They will want a receipt showing the value of the gun. So be sure to have that ready. And stay on them. Call every day. First turd you talk to will try to not pay, they get a commision if they succeed. Be sure to ask for that person supervisor's name first thing. That puts them in a spot when you ask that.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Make sure the the guy in New York insured it and get a estimate of it's value from him. It was either his driver or your driver that owns a nice new Garand. I had an issue with them over some headlights about 3 years ago. They never paid and the guy that shipped them refused my calls or emails anymore. Cost me $500. I want some things done to my M1s and M1As but refuse to send them anywhere just for this reason. Good Luck!

Glock23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    UPS gets a lot of people trying to scam them, unfortunatly they sometimes overreact and refuse to pay. Stay on them, keep going up the chain and keep all your receipts. Filing the police report is a good idea too.

I doubt it was stolen by a driver. I'm not saying that sort of thing never happens, but it is rare. Drivers know they will never be able to find another job that pays what they make there, drivers stealing are quite rare.

The vast majority of internal theft happens with part timers. Some of the smaller facilities do not have guard shacks with metal detectors. Sometimes, a part timer will replace the correct label with one going somewhere else. These can be hard to find. LP will not be able to solve this kind of theft with the computer. The best they can do is try to figure out what facility is being targeted and start watching with cameras. If someone stole it, and if they keep doing it, they will get caught sooner or later, count on it.

SteelersFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Muncie
    If it were stolen by an employee, it must have only been a driver. UPS hub's have a lot of security. Employees can't even take their phones into the hub's. They go through metal detectors on the way out.

While it is not impossible that it was stolen, I would say more likely to be lost. if it got put on the wrong truck, it could be shipped across the country before it was found out. Could be a while to get it straightened out.

In my case it made to the hub then it was gone by the tracking numbers. :dunno: My local Post Master said employees at the hub can tell how much its insured for just by looking at the package, small box high dollar amount insurance must be a god thing to grab. :xmad:

Top Bottom