• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Not when I moved here. Quiet town with very little traffic. I moved here from Chicago to get away from this crap...

Multiply ^^^ THIS ^^^ by thousands, and what do you get?

(I moved here to get away from this. All the bastards who came in the door behind me are spoiling my digs).

I don't have a purple button, either. Not that it prevents me seeing the irony in M.R. Southpark Anarchist/Libertarian Guy parachuting in here from Alexandria, VA, or wherever his last address was, and expressing the same feeling, in a different way.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    When's the last time a town like that ever got smaller?

Funny how people don't seem to see that coming. I remember the "good ol days" when Fishers was all farm land and didn't even have a stop light. The only thing it was known for was the Flowing Well. Then, all these outsiders came and ruined it for everyone.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Funny how people don't seem to see that coming. I remember the "good ol days" when Fishers was all farm land and didn't even have a stop light. The only thing it was known for was the Flowing Well. Then, all these outsiders came and ruined it for everyone.

Yeah, ummm Carmel has the flowing well. Is there one in Fishers I don't know about?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    To All,

I know the United States has much to be proud of and methods of operations that have set a bar for efficiency.

However, this is one place where Americans could really, really learn from the Europeans.

European cities are extremely cool because they don't tear down olde historic buildings - "just 'cause we wan' sumpin' gnew!"

When I was in Assisi, Italy I wandered into a building that was being used today by the church. It was originally built over 2,000 years ago by the Romans as a Temple to Minerva! Thank God it wasn't built in 'Merica cause somebody would'a thunk it was old and we could put a neat Walmart thar that creates jobs...:(

Here in Fort Wayne I have heard city council members talk about "building a community" or "having folks take pride in their community." How in the hell can you have a sense of pride or community when you have no sense of the trials and tribulations of your alleged community? How can you be proud of something if you have no context of history in which to place it?

I am not advocating that nothing is ever torn down, but we go way overboard! When I was in Amsterdam I stayed in a Youth Hostel that was built in the 16th century. I saw homes that were used today that were as olde or older. They still had hooks sticking out over the upper floor windows so that stuff could be winched up because the stairs are too narrow.

I hope that Fishers puts up enough of a fight that someday they too may have a sense of community and not just worry about progress or jobs.

Regards,

Doug

My Grandfather was in Italy from 1942-1945 and he said there seemed to be no problem destroying Historic buildings...As a matter of fact, it seems Europe lost many Historic Buildings in that time period....He witnessed the Monastary at Monte Cassino totally obliterated...Trust me...As the Two World Wars have shown Europe has NO problem destroying their History when it pushes an agenda...

IMHO ofcourse based on two World Wars and countless smaller ones in Europe in the last 150 years or so...

Eurotrash is as Eurotrash does but it is popular here in the Political forum to lament about how unsophisticated Americans are compared to Europeans...

And with that note...Here is some "Cracker":):

[video=youtube;38Vun2LYnoY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Vun2LYnoY[/video]

I think it's funny that Libertarians and Democrats can use the term "uppity" to describe Republicans....That's cute...So what do you think would happen if Rand Paul called the President's policies "Uppity"?

Anyone? Do you think Chris Matthews might find a "dog whistle" in there????:rolleyes:

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Yeah, ummm Carmel has the flowing well. Is there one in Fishers I don't know about?

Ummm,yeah Fishers border was Gray Rd years ago and the flowing well was relocated when 116th St was widened.
    The only landmark Fishers had that was worthwhile,was the Hiway 69 strip club.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Ummm,yeah Fishers border was Gray Rd years ago and the flowing well was relocated when 116th St was widened.
    The only landmark Fishers had that was worthwhile,was the Hiway 69 strip club.

Really, when was that? I have been in Carmel for 20 years and when I was a kid my Aunt and Uncle lived in Carmel and we used to go to the Flowing Well then. There wasn't anything around the well and I have never known Fishers to officially encroach across the river. Not even when it was known as Mudsock.

They may have TRIED to annex that area (like Geist) but were pushed back.

Top Bottom