• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Most of these other posts are correct, with our current "day for a day" "good time" DOC regulations, he may be out in 7.5 years. However, the DOC has certain "incentives", such as education, counseling, etc. which may shorten that sentence.

The Indiana DOC has a website that can allow someone to check the DOC status on an individual. You must either have his name or DOC number to access the database. It will show you the subject's earliest release date, charges, and where the subject is housed.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    He'll serve half that by default. Perhaps less.
    Yep...half. He'll get one days credit for each day he serves as "good time". Then you subtract time for getting a GED or other educational courses and anger management classes and some other crap that will be made available. He'll serve about 6 years...unless his daddy made substantial contributions to someone's political campaign...the he might be out in a year or so.

Seriously though...his attorney could ask for a sentence modification in 3 to 5 years. Whether he gets it will depend on his behavior while incarcerated and his criminal history...as well as how liberal the judge is.

Mandatory sentencing guidelines...wish we had them. :dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Pretty moot issue anyhow, OP - of all the people in the world this guy might even want to mess with, you're not even on that list or the list below it.

He'll avoid you like the plague unless he's looking for round two, in which case maybe you can shoot a little bit straighter and solve it so there won't be a round three. :): Either way, you done good, and I'm glad this guy is getting what was coming.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    doesn't matter, once he clears his 30 days in plainfield he'll get transfered and then the real sentence will begin. give him 5 days of straight butt sex by larry and bubba and he'll wish the OP would have killed him. then he'll begin to smuggle in cigarettes and cocaine and have the worlds largest commissary account, in which point he'll make a donation to greg ballards campaign and have his time dropped to 6 months.

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I don't get it. According to Indiana Offender Database Search he was sentenced to 10 years on 11/02/1987 for burglary and then ~5 years on 03/21/1988. Was he basically on trial for two crimes at the same time?

I assume he didn't commit his third crime until after getting set free. He was sentenced to ~2 years on 08/09/1996, 6 years before he should have been released if he actually served his time!

And here we are 13 years later and he's charged for yet another robbery. Looks like he learned a little something while incarcerated: how to last a little longer before getting caught :rolleyes:.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    I don't get it. According to Indiana Offender Database Search he was sentenced to 10 years on 11/02/1987 for burglary and then ~5 years on 03/21/1988. Was he basically on trial for two crimes at the same time?

I assume he didn't commit his third crime until after getting set free. He was sentenced to ~2 years on 08/09/1996, 6 years before he should have been released if he actually served his time!

And here we are 13 years later and he's charged for yet another robbery. Looks like he learned a little something while incarcerated: how to last a little longer before getting caught :rolleyes:.

Sounds like he's terrible at robbing.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    FYI... This is what I spammed my email mailing list with. If ya find it useful spam away.

This is a long read in several different areas but well worth it.

On Dec 24, 2009 (http://heraldbulletin.com/local/x546205225/Pizza-Hut-employee-shoots-would-be-robber)
    an armed robbery took place at the Pizza Hut in Anderson, IN. The robber pointed a gun at the cashier and demanded all the money in the store. The girl at the cash regsiter was puling out the money when the robber noticed that something had moved in the back of the store. That something was the delivery driver who had just come back into the store. The delivery driver was hiding behind the counters as he saw the robbery in progress. As the robber walked to the back of the store the driver pulled out his gun (he has a license to carry a firearm in Indiana) and told the robber to stop. The robber instead of stopping attempted to shot the driver but the driver shot him first. The police arrived and the robbery was taken away to the hospital as the dirver shot the robber in the head but they guy lived!

Now we fast forward to today (4 months after the incident).
    The driver has been on paid leave since the incident as Pizza Hut reviewed the issue. The girl at the register quit several weeks after the robbery per the driver's comments on an online fourm. So what happened to the driver? HE GOT FIRED!!!!!

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/85401-so_i_was_fired_today.html#post965956
    The link above is his story but this is the first post.

After three months(paid) of just waiting following my incident. I was finally called in for a meeting with my supervisors at 8am this morning. The person in charge showed up 30 minutes late to let me know she was "not going to drag this out." and that I was being terminated for failure to comply with their policy of weapon banning.

I had worked there for 8 years. I can't say as this was completely unexpected, as this is standard operating procedure for YUM! foods inc.(Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, KFC). But, it sure shows the kind of attitude that many large companies have towards their indentured servants (aka wage slaves, aka employees)

I did drag it out just a little, because I felt like I needed a little more than "screw you, get out." (Hell, they got me out of bed at 8am for a meeting there had to be more to it.) I thought maybe severance pay of some sort or at least some sort of personal statement like "If I had the choice" or "I'm sorry there was nothing we could do." Or even just "Sorry." But, I was met with the cold eyes of someone whose only concern is for dollar signs and company profit.

Don't get me wrong everyone else in chain of command has a heart. This one not so much. (This is the same person when minimum wage was raised recently - no one got a pay increase, new hires and long time employees paid minimum wage side by side.)

Some high points of the 5 minute conversation.

She brought up safety. I responded that if safety was a concern someone would have been a little quicker on the back door that had been broken for months (It sure is fixed now.) Or there would be real security cameras instead of fake globes with nothing behind them (Actually, I know for fact that they were put there not to deter robbers, but rather to deter employees from eating product.)

I brought up severance pay. She responded I had already been paid while on suspension. I replied that had I known this was where it was going I would have used money to pursue other employment. She said "you're free to try unemployment and see if that helps."

I brought up the fact that everyone in the store could have been dead. Her reply? Everyone could be dead even though you had your gun. (Silent confused staring...)

My parting words - "I'm being punished for someone else commiting an armed robbery. Now, I'm going to struggle to feed my children. Have a nice life."

Now here is where the story gets even better. The robber is one Spencer R Simmons (DOB: 10/06/1965) and do you know how many times before the pizza hut robbery he has been in trouble with the law? The Indiana Dept. of Corrections shows 3 different arrest and convictions for him all of which he had to serve jail time. See here: http://www.in.gov/apps/indcorrection/ofs/ofs?lname=Simmons&fname=Spencer&search1.x=48&search1.y=11
    (NOTE THIS IS AN INDIANA GOVERNMENT WEBSITE, it's a .GOV site)

It was reported today that Mr. Simmons is getting 15 years for the armed robbery at the Pizza Hut.
    (https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/86046-update_on_my_armed_robber.html)
    but hold on folks do not write this off yet. At the Indiana website we can see full details of his run in with the laws & the math does not add up.

1) 11/02/1987 Sentenced to 10 years for Burglary [means he broke into somewhere and stole stuff and there is typically no victim present at the time]
    So this means that he would have been free from jail on 11/02/1997

2) 03/21/1998 Sentenced to 4 years, 11 months, and 30 days (ie 5 years) for Burglary
    So this means that he would have been free from jail on 06/06/1991

Now ask yourself if you were suppose to server 10 years for the first crime yet you get sentenced 4 months later for another burglary how can that be?
    He was either not in jail at the time of the second buglary or had not yet been sent to jail for the first one!
    In any case Mr. Simmons did not serve the full 10 tens and was probaly released on good behavior or parole becuase on

3) 08/09/1996 he was sentenced to 1 year, 11 months, and 30 days (ie 2 years) for attemped robbery

Do you see the pattern here? First he does burglary not once but twice. Then he moves it up to attempted robbery (which means now there is a victim present) and now as on 2010 he has moved it up even more to armed robbery (which means he was using a weapon (ie a gun in this case). So his crime is becoming more and more violent.

Now do you really think he is going to server the 15 years of his sentence when he did not server the first 10 years?
    Also this is his FORUTH arrest and conviction and based on his pattern the next time he gets caught it will most likely (based on statitics) be becuase he will have seriously injured or possibly kill someone while he robs them. Sad story hu?

So what is the point?
    1) This criminal has used a gun to commit his latest crime. BTW criminals can NOT legally own guns but he still got one and used it. HUM???
    2) He will be back out once more and will be ARMED again, what about you?
    3) Bad things happen anywhere are you ready for them?
    4) Pizza Hut fired the one employee that protected himself by using his own gun. FIRED HIM!

What do I sugget you do?
    1) Boycott Pizza Hut and tell them why. What if that was you working there?
    2) Guns are not evil, people are evil. Learn to use them to protect yourself.

Top Bottom