• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Guy got 15 years Department of Corrections.

24805BP_The-Simpsons-Mr-Burns-Excellent.jpg

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Guy got 15 years Department of Corrections.

Anyone know when that really means he can get out (good behaviour, etc.)?

If he behaves himself, 7.5 years easy. If he was a first timer, probably a little earlier depending on what programs he goes through. At a guess he could actually be outside in as little as 5-6 years barring an appeal going through through parole and release to a transition house.

Make sure you contact the prosecutor and/or DOC to be on the list for victim updates on parole hearings and release dates if you are interested, iirc Indiana law makes it your right for notification, but I am not 100% clear on that and maybe one of the legal professionals around here will clarify.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There's a link to a in.gov site on Indystar (I hate them though) called inmated finder. If and when they update the database and add this guy, it will show his earliest possible release date. Of couse, so many reasons that .gov sites are not accurate. But I'll find a link when I'm near my computer (on bbry now).

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    indiana does 1 for 1 on days as long as he doesnt get any write ups. so 7.5 years. they also knock time off for things like getting a ged, degree, or participating in rehab programs. he could realistically be out in about 4 years or less.

musclecarr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Owen County
    he'll do half that time, if he takes any classes or gets his GED and stays out of trouble, about 6 1/2 years with 6 months to one-year house arrest after that, with the remainder on probation, but has to pay all costs, keep a job, and pay all retribution, if he fails to do any of these he'll go right back in the pokey. Chances are (50%) he'll get in trouble again for probation violation, DWI, not keeping a job, not paying anything back, etc: and he'll realize he is a career criminal, and keep doing it. Then He might find the LORD and try to straighten his life up and do everything he should, and pay society back, and be a law-abiding citizen that can only hunt deer with a bow! Time will tell. ABOUT 15 years WORTH! He'll be out in 6 1/2 years.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Boy, he's been conviced 3 times already of attempted robbery or burglarly in 3 counties. The last time (subject of this thread) he did so armed with a handgun. If he doesn't change his ways, it's just a matter of time before he murders someone. He ought to serve 100% of his time in my book! Sadly, I'm not in charge. ;)

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's more infuriating when you figure in the monetary costs of such a bumb.

A kid that gets good grades and lives a straight life can hardly afford the costs of a college education. Would rather see the money that is keeping Simmons housed go to a college fund.

But we tax payers are picking up the legal/incarceration bills for jerks like Simmons.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Repeat offender (at least 3x) with his crimes becoming more and more violent and no reason to believe any amount of jail time will rehabilitate this person...I say we just eliminate the guy from the equation. This guy has had his chances in life to choose the right path and has failed, IMO.

Top Bottom