• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm proud to announce that I will be guest instructing for Defensive Shooting Concepts in an upcoming class on July 31st.

I will be presenting material and shooting drills based on my own research and experience in decision making under stress, dealing with fear and it's effects on your decision making process, and how that effects your ability to fight and to shoot. Decision making pre-conflict, conflict, and post-conflict will be discussed and then practical drills will be ran using a crawl/walk/run philosophy of training. For those who are familiar with the OODA loop, this class will touch on OO but will focus primarily on D and A. If you're not familiar with the OODA loop, don't worry, we'll get you there.

Street Survival Tactics - Defensive Shooting Concepts

Street Survival Tactics: Subconscious performanceThis class is designed to equip you with knowledge of what an impending attack looks like and to have pre-set plans in place so that you can react quickly and effectively. The course will include limited decision making to include shoot/no shoot, ranges realistic to the majority of self-defense shootings, order of engagement with multiple attackers, moving for your best advantage, and post-conflict procedures for both shoot and no shoot decisions.Prerequisites:
    This is not a beginner course to learn how to handle a firearm. You *must* demonstrate safe gun handling. Safety violations will result in ejection from the class with no refund or running the scenarios with a blue gun at the instructors’ sole discretion.Defensive Shooting Concepts is pleased to announce INGO user “BehindBlueI’s” will be a guest instructor for this exciting class. Below you will see just a few of his qualifications:
    10 years of law enforcement experience with a large Midwest police department
    4 years of investigative experience, specializing in robbery and aggravated assault.
    Graduate of Ernest Langdon’s Tactical Pistol Instructor class.Equipment needed:
    A handgun and at least 3 magazines/speed loaders
    A quality holster (Cross Draw and Shoulder Holsters not allowed) and magazine carrier
    Ear/eye protection knee pads also recommended
    A cover garment for concealment, preferably of the type you routinely use.
    200-250 rounds of new, manufactured ammunition
    Proper range attire for any weather
    Bring plenty of fluids to drink and a camping style chairTuition: $150. This includes your range fee. Successful completion of this class by demonstrating safe gun handling skills will earn you a $25 voucher for future classes with Defensive Shooting Concepts.Thank you for your consideration and contact me if you have any further questions or would like to discuss options for training

Last edited:

F250

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Tipton County
    If you have not taken one of Defensive Shooting Concepts classes please take the time to do so. I had the opportunity to attend one of his rifle and handgun classes this month. John not only has the skills to do all that he teaches but he has the skills to get you to a higher level of proficiency.
    My classes were on the hottest weekend of the month(94degrees) and he was able to keep everyone engaged and at the same time run a safe and fun class.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If you have not taken one of Defensive Shooting Concepts classes please take the time to do so. I had the opportunity to attend one of his rifle and handgun classes this month. John not only has the skills to do all that he teaches but he has the skills to get you to a higher level of proficiency.
    My classes were on the hottest weekend of the month(94degrees) and he was able to keep everyone engaged and at the same time run a safe and fun class.

This will be our first class together, but I'm looking forward to working with him.

I should add this class is limited to 12 slots, and like with the classes I teach with Coach with my schedule and getting that to sync up with other instructors' schedules, I'm not sure how often I'll be able to offer this.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Central IN
    Really looking forward to teaching this class with BehindBlueI's. I had a chance to spend three days with him at Langdon Tactical Pistol Instructor training and was very impressed with his knowledge and skill set. Sign up today before the class fills up. I believe you will be very glad you did.

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I've been interested in taking my first formal training class. I've been wanting to take a BBI class for awhile now. Would this be a good one to start with? I'm not a newbie and have good fundamentals, but have no formal training and would like to get my feet wet in the world of training.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've been interested in taking my first formal training class. I've been wanting to take a BBI class for awhile now. Would this be a good one to start with? I'm not a newbie and have good fundamentals, but have no formal training and would like to get my feet wet in the world of training.

Yup. There are no prerequisites other than basic gun handling. This class will be different then the one I teach with Coach, with a different focus. Start with either or both, and I think you'll get something from each regardless or order.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Just signed up and made payment. Look forward to meeting you folks on the 31st. Thanks in advance for doing this. I'm hoping this will be a great first step for me.

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    Got the day off, just signed up!

Very much looking forward to meeting you in person, BBIs.

Q: is it encouraged to bring a blue gun as well if we have them? It sounds like the sort of class that might wind up being useful for. I can bring a few if it's helpful.

Also sending you a PM with another question I'd prefer discussed in private.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    This was a great class today and made a fantastic stepping stone for me. I feel more ready and willing to progress forward with more classes. Thank you both for doing this, for making it affordable, and for making it educational along with being fun and enjoyable as well.

A few side notes:
    - Commanding paper targets using "adult" language was probably more fun that it should have been.
    - I received a new nick name: "High Speed"
    - Water was my friend today.
    - The A/C in my car on the way home was fantastic and almost put me to sleep.
    :)

DVS9MM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2015
    Zionsville
    Fantastic class today! It was great to have the expertise of both Jonathan and Blue involved. They are both excellent instructors, and not only make the class informative, but fun as well. I learned a great deal of practical knowledge that could be helpful in the "real" world vs things that would help in competition matches. Thank you for sharing your law enforcement background and experience with us common folk.

And note to self...always put ammo in my gun if I want it to fire :)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Thanks to everyone who attended. I truly appreciate the safe gun handling, showing up ready to learn, and getting through a hot and sticky training day. Any feedback of what you'd like to see more of, less of, etc. is welcome. Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not do it publicly. You're not going to hurt my feelings, it's how we make the program better.

For those of you who were interested but the class filled up before you could get in, I think we're going to be able to run this again in late summer or early fall.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I also want to mention that both instructors, Jon and Blue, exceeded my expectations. They are extremely knowledgeable in what they do, yet they're down to earth and approachable. So for anyone who is on the fence about training with either of these two, don't wait any longer, sign up today because you won't regret it. It's time and money well spent. I will be back for more.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Central IN
    Thank you to all who attended this training. It is always an honor to meet like minded people that take their safety and the safety of others very seriously. Thank you for being focused on the training and safe with your shooting. What a great group of people. Train hard and stay safe.

Top Bottom