• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    They have a Russian rifle m44 labeled as a Springfield rifle cal .303. I am the last one to be an expert on this but that has to be mislabeled.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    So to those who have attended in the past, how do the prices end up? Are you going to save money vs. buying other used guns? Is it like the auto auctions where its buy it with out testing/checking it out?

Looks like a lot of nice stuff and would love to attend if I could get a good price on a piece or two, but I just don't want to go down if the prices get ran way up...?

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    So to those who have attended in the past, how do the prices end up? Are you going to save money vs. buying other used guns? Is it like the auto auctions where its buy it with out testing/checking it out?

Looks like a lot of nice stuff and would love to attend if I could get a good price on a piece or two, but I just don't want to go down if the prices get ran way up...?

Prices are all over the place. I've gotten good deals, and I've seen prices go too high.

Know what you want beforehand, print the page out the night before. Do your research on what they sell for, noting this on the page.

Factor your 10% premium and what you'll be paying when you bid a certain amount. Write your bid down, and stick to it.

It's foolproof!

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Sounds cool. I've never been to an auction and just checked out the list. There are some guns that I'd be interested in. Thanks Pudly for letting us know!

CW9

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Greenwood
    I think I might go. but i bet most people are going for the glocks, I would love to get my hands on the Kahr too.

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    Will I be able to register/buy being 18 or is there a higher age restriction? Also, where exactly will the auction be held? and does anyone know the times for the friday preview?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I bought an AK and ammo for a good price 3 years ago at Christy's. Glocks and handguns like those go for what you would pay at a retail store with good pricing. Best deals are high end guns and things out of the ordinary.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Will I be able to register/buy being 18 or is there a higher age restriction? Also, where exactly will the auction be held? and does anyone know the times for the friday preview?

Its just like buying from a dealer, so no hand guns for you.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Its just like buying from a dealer, so no hand guns for you.

This is correct. Christys is an FFL, so you cannot legally buy handguns unless you're 21. Long guns and shotguns are good to go at 18!

Even so, you can watch and it's always interesting.

Anybody interested in meeting up and chatting a bit? Always interesting to meet more INGO members, and it looks like several of us will be there.

Last edited:

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    Well I am not going to make it, but I did bid online. I bid on 16 items and am leading on 13 but I bet I don't win a single one. The thing that bites about there auctions is the premium. 24%,(17% premium plus 7% tax) if you bid online and 17%,(10% premium plus 7% tax), in person

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond

Go on proxibid and find the archives for Christy's past sales.
    I'll be there and bidding on the 44-40, the only probluma is when the bidding starts NO friends at the auction. The last sale I made a bidding deal with a guy, I layoff his gun he lays off my deal. Both got feelings hurt.:p

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    38special, i will be there, i live close by. i would be interested in meeting up with you and some other guys off here. im new so i dont know how to email you, send me a message and we can make arangements. thanks

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I was going to bid on Lot #115 at the auction, but decided not to because the Century Arms 7.62 rifle had a "BROKEN BARREL TIP".

:rofl:

I got a good laugh from that because I think they misunderstood the function of the slant muzzle brake on the barrel.

Maybe I can get some money back from the dealer for my Yugo U/F because it has the same muzzle brake on it. Must've been a defective lot...:D

Seriously though, thanks pudly for letting us know about the auction...:+1:

Top Bottom