• ...and so much more!
  • HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Yep it stops being a sport and just a game to you, when you act like that on the field, it was uncalled for kick her out of the league.

Last edited:

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    She'll go off the deep end within a year and we'll see her on COPS or America's Most Wanted for felony manslaughter. If she can't burn it off on the field, she'll do it somewhere else.

She ought to be lucky it wasn't women's college field hockey. I've watched a couple of those ladies games, and this gal would have been hauled off in an ambulance once she tried some of that stuff.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I thought sports were supposed to teach sportsmanship, character,etc.? All you have to do Bowie watch a little league game and know that is all hogwash. Sports have become so competitive that coaches, parents, and players no longer care about building character. If my daughter wants to play sports, I will let her. I won't push her into it and almost prefer she doesn't. As soon as it starts to consume her, she's done.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I have to wonder if what she did here would qualify as "throwing red flags" or if, after Ft. Hood, it will in the future be considered to be that?

Personally, I think she needs removed from the game or maybe put on the field with a bunch of very large and solidly built male players (only specifying because I think it would be far harder to find female players who match that description) and let her try some of those (ahem) tactics. With a rule in place that if you start something, whatever response you get is unpunishable.

She knew full well that the worst she was going to get within the rules was an ejection from the game or, in this case, a suspension. She got no defensive actions taken to most of her attacks, so (if the order they were shown in was as she did them) she became more brutal and blatant. I'll grant that the first might have been in response to an elbow, but after that, had the next one turned and belted her or started pummelling her on the ground, I don't think there would have been a third.

It's just common sense and self defense, and a great analogy, I think, to the "real world" (off the field).

Blessings,
    Bill

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I thought sports were supposed to teach sportsmanship, character,etc.? All you have to do Bowie watch a little league game and know that is all hogwash. Sports have become so competitive that coaches, parents, and players no longer care about building character. If my daughter wants to play sports, I will let her. I won't push her into it and almost prefer she doesn't. As soon as it starts to consume her, she's done.

There's good and bad in just about everything.
    Sometimes you just need to focus on the good. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jocw-oD2pgo]YouTube - W. Oregon Sara Tucholsky first HR - ultimate sportsmanship[/ame]

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Kinda like some parents not controlling their children........ and the coach missed every single incident. :rolleyes:

If she is allowed to keep it up, she'll have her fanny handed to her one of these days.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    If she wants to "play" like that, she needs to look into cagefighting or start a women's hockey league or something. She looked may have looked tough by playing so roughly, but she was always taking cheap shots that her opponents shouldn't have to anticipate playing soccer.

That display was just ridiculous. Poor players (in any sport) typically lash out in fits of rage fuelled by jealousy due feelings of inadequacy to their opponents. She might be be considered a "good" player, but even if it's not the case in these instances there have been more than a few players who exhibit those kinds behaviors both on and off the court. :twocents:

Top Bottom