Unreasonable to ask for signed bill of sale on private gun sale?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    I'm not sure why that's in purple. For me, it black.
    Do you get a BoS for pressure cookers too?

You're not responsible for my actions regardless of a piece of paper.

PS - your avatar is annoying.

Your talking legally. I am talking morally.

Although that brings us back to the piece of paper... If i truely felt like you were a risk I wouldnt make the sale anyhow, paper make me feel better ;)

icky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    montpelier
    However if you think think that it is your right that I trust you will be responsible with the firearm I sold you... hahahahah.

what?:dunno: it is my right to own buy and carry firearms. it is your right to sell or not sell your firearms. it has nothing to do with trust. if you think that my responsibilty as a gun owner has anything to do with you after the money/ gun changes hands you have delusions of grandure. you are not all knowing or all seeing. you cant tell a criminal from a priest by looking at them. as i said before if you are that worried about who you sell your guns to go through a dealer. otherwise if they got the cash and you have no reason to believe they are prohibited sell them the gun. the bos does nothing but make you feel better or that you have some control over a situation (a criminal using a gun you once owned) that you absolutly do not. :rolleyes:if your worried about the morallity fo selling guns maybe you should talk to a preacher or priest. they may tell you to sell them all.:laugh:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have a signed bill of sale from each and everyone of you. I have no guns left according to my paperwork. Thanks folks.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I have no problem signing a bill of sale. If anything it just covers both parties involved in the sale should the buyer eventually sell the firearm down the road to someone else.

If someone isn't willing to do something as simple as signing his name then I would assume they have something to hide and in that case I wouldn't want to sell them the gun anyway.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    After the recent NSA leak why ask for a bill of sale? The Gov should already know who your dealing with, they the world police should be able to stop any illegal activity before it happens. If you get hung up on a sale of a firearm in a court in Indiana or Illinois tell them the Gov monitors all INTERNET and cell phone and they didn't arrest you. I need some purple in here but dont give a ****.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...If someone isn't willing to do something as simple as signing his name then I would assume they have something to hide and in that case I wouldn't want to sell them the gun anyway.

I feel the same about people who aren't willing to submit to a DNA swab.

WHAT ARE THEY TRYING TO HIDE? :shady:

Top Bottom