• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Is what they are voting on soon here the final deal that dooms us all, or just a step foreward for it, like just the house/senate version? I am unclear..

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Is what they are voting on soon here the final deal that dooms us all, or just a step foreward for it, like just the house/senate version? I am unclear..

First the House will vote. They vote on THEIR bill.

Second the Senate will vote. It could be on the same bill or a completely different bill.

Then there is a "conference committee" assigned comprised of both House and Senate members. The meet in a back room, basically with the power to completely rewrite the bill in any fashion they so choose, they then send the reconciled bill back for a final vote. If it passes (it usually does) then it got to the White House to be signed.

The whole process can take a few days or several months.

StarKing

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Muncie
    how soon are they voting + has anyone here read it. lol

Tomorrow (Saturday, I guess that's today now) + I doubt it (I just managed to get a pdf of it today, I guess that's yesterday now)

I doubt that anyone who didn't help write it has read it, and probably not all of them - it's 1,988 pages.
    Anyone who votes for this bill tomorrow, or anytime without convincing me they've read it, can count on never getting my vote again.

StarKing

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Muncie
    Unfortunately for my ability to influence congress, my congressman is already firmly on our side. A good thing, but it rather reduces my ability to have much influence at the congressional level.
    The Senate, however, is another story.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Good luck on getting our Senators StarKing to vote "NO". Both are going to vote YES for whatever version gets done in the SENATE. It's in BAYH's benefit finacially for this to pass. The Hammond Times has a nice long artice several weeks back on the amount of "interest" Bayh has in the Health Care Industry.

Top Bottom