• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    My only comment is that I have left face to face gun transactions wondering at times.

The only hand gun that I sold was to a personal friend back in 1994. We actually went to a local gun store did the transaction legally. We split the $20 fee, he got his gun, and I left knowing we did it by the books.

Since then I have sold and bought face to face many long guns. Never a sold or got rid of a hand gun. Did get a hand gun in trade for a long gun once. I have always made it a point to look at a driver's license to verify residency when I have sold, but I've never once been asked for mine when I have bought.

I've left a few transactions wondering though ... could this person have passed a back ground check?

I'm not saying I'm for a universal check, but I don't see it as the end of the world either. I honestly am not sure I could sleep at night if I found out that the shot gun I sold to a guy on the premise that he was going duck hunting went to a guy who actually could not pass a back ground check in an actual gun store and then he used the gun for some illegal activity.

I'm torn on the issue really.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Chicago has the most stringent gun controls.
    None of the politicians follow any of the restrictions.
    They even attempt to disregard the federal ones and attempt to board an airplane with a hand gun.
    They write the stringent laws.
    They do not follow them. They change it to allow them to disobey the law.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    When does this stupid law come into effect? I am SO glad I pretty much bought everything I need gun wise before this crap.

It doesn't. A universal background check has to go through the legislative process, it cannot be done through executive order. Right now, if you believe the NRA, the President does not have the votes in the House (Republican control) to get anything with teeth passed.

Today nothing changed.

jdorp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Unless they require the registration of all guns any requirements for "universal" background checks are a joke, and they know it. If they can convince the public of the universal background check argument they have won the registration argument.

WJB63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette area
    From 1974 to 1998, all handgun sales in the state of Indiana had to be transferred via a dealer, thus eliminating private sales.

Somehow, there were crimes in Indiana from the years spanning 1974 to 1998.

The compliance rate with such a law was near zero.

The law was completely unenforceable and made a mockery of the rest of the Indiana Code and weakened the rule of law.

Background checks are unconstitutional as they are prior restraints on a constitutional right.

Background checks are feckless as criminals do not acquire firearms via FFLs. As well, mass shooters DO pass background checks, e.g. Aurora, Colorado.

If you want to fight crime, attack the Welfare States that fosters it and allow citizens to protect themselves.

If you want to stop mass murderers, stop creating governmentally-approved slaughter pens (gun-free zones) which create the mass shootings.

Government creates the problem and then wants to "fix" the problem.

100% agree. Too bad the left can't see facts for what they are.

I read someplace once, I am old so just can't for the life of me remember where, that if it's forbidden to be armed somewhere that is exactly where you should be armed.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I am not for a second agreeing with BO, but most of us who do private sales like to see that little pink card to give us a warm and fuzzy when selling to people we don't know. Sort of a poor-man's background check for peace of mind.

Not sure I agree that it's mandatory and even if it were it's pretty much unenforceable.
    Not me, I ask if they are a resident of Indiana and I ask them if they are a proper person. Nothing more, nothing less.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    It seem easy to me if you have a LTCH you have had your Universal Background check show the card and good to go. Should be that way on the 4473 you have already been approved fill one out get a card universal background check. Simple and easy..

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I have never sold a gun to anyone but family...but if I did, I'd request the little pink card or the reference of a friend of mine at the least.

I'm one that is torn on the issue.

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    The 2nd Amendment is a restraint upon the Government. It forces the Government to leave in the hands of the populace the current (or nearly so) weaponry carried by the common foot soldier; (his rifle / his handgun) for the purpose of repelling tyranny foreign or domestic.

The First Step of the final Phase of over throwing any country is to ensure that the assaulting force meets little or no armed resistance. Eliminating the armed resistance is greatly enhanced if those arms are documented as to what they are (serial #) & Where they are (your address). The non existent Gun Show Loop Hole (or it's new name UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECK) is a government registration scheme to create that centralized database. Your guns would be safe for NOW, but what about 10, 20, 50, or 100 years from now. Your grand children will face a dictatorial Nanny State that confiscates your (their) guns based on that nice list of ALL THE GUNS IN THE NATION. Only Fools and Traitors would support such a CLEAR attack on the Constitution.

If your interested read these more detailed Essays on my website.....proteq.us

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom