• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I think that in most states or places of the country, Concealed Carry is synonomous with the keeping a firearm for personal defense. Nothing against OC, but my guess is there are a lot more guns out of sight then exposed to the fresh air and sunshine. As far as this particular organization, I have seen the ads but know nothing about them.

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    What is their position on OC? Obviously having CC in the name means they are about CC... but are they anti-OC?

Open carry / concealed carry is discussed in the USCCA magazine and forums just as it is elsewhere, like here. Near as I can tell, it is left to the individual to do as they choose and there is no "official" position.

Also, while USCCA business offices may be in Wisconsin, the magazine's writers are from all over the country.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    I've been thinking about joining. Just not sure what all they have to offer. Are they even politcally active to defend our rights?

Last edited:

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    I've been thinking about joining. Just not sure what all they have to offer. Are they even politcally active to defend our rights?
    While the USCCA encourages members to be politically active, I consider them more of an educational resource than a political action committee. Listen to some of the Armed American Radio podcasts of their radio broadcasts to get an idea of their political affiliation.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    If they are not politically active, why would you pay $47 a year to join when they do nothing to fight for our rights. You almost join the NRA and GOA for that much annually.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    They also have a radio show call Armed American Radio. I download the show every week and listen when I can. Check it out Armed American Radio

It's growing very, very rapidly.

I've been listening to their radio broadcast via podcast in iTunes for a week or so. Pretty interesting so far, and it's free. They do a broad spectrum of programming. They had a very interesting interview with a descendant of Ike Clanton last week. It prompted me to rent Tombstone again.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    I e-mailed them to ask for myself.

USCCA said:
    Hi Indecision,

No, USCCA is not a politically active organization at this time.

We at the USCCA have neither the staffing, the funding, nor the numbers to truly be an effective lobbying group, and that is why we encourage ALL of our members to fully support the National Rifle Association, The Gun Owners of America, and the Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership- not just with their money, but with their time and energy as well. We are proud to boast that over 90% of our members are members of the NRA, and we know that as responsibly armed citizens, all USCCA members are doing their part to stay active politically and civilly.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
    Have a great day!

Laura Otto
    Customer Service
    USCCA & Delta Media LLC
    877-677-1919 x101

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    If they are not politically active, why would you pay $47 a year to join when they do nothing to fight for our rights. You almost join the NRA and GOA for that much annually.
    I pay the $47 a year for the good information USCCA provides. I am already a life member of GOA and a Patron / Golden Eagle / Life member of the NRA. Also life member of SAF, CRKBA, LEAA, and the ISRPA, so I would say that I am politically active as well as wanting to continue learning.

Top Bottom