• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    My sister got mine somewhere in Greenwood. It's says foundation for Coast Guard history.

This was a fairly large book and it had some type of Crest on the front, not a picture but an actual crest attached to it. They were closing soon so I didn't get to look to much.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    While the Marines are the best (personal bias showing) I respect and appreciate everyone who serves their country in the military regardless of branch. A description of a veteran I recently saw again says that a veteran is someone who gave their country a blank check payable in any amount upto and including their life.:patriot:

Semper Fi

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    While the Marines are the best (personal bias showing) I respect and appreciate everyone who serves their country in the military regardless of branch. A description of a veteran I recently saw again says that a veteran is someone who gave their country a blank check payable in any amount upto and including their life.:patriot:

Semper Fi

I agree with you 100%. Every branch has a job to do. They may conduct different missions, but they are a team. They all swore the same oath. Thank you for your service.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I can truly say that the biggest mistake I've made in my life was getting out of the Navy. But it was right at the end of the Viet Nam war and the military was not appreciated and often times demonized by the general public. I really think I missed a lot by getting out then. I applaud anyone that has served and offer encouragement to anyone thinking of serving. The military has a lot to offer and ensures the continuation of our way of life.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I agree with you 100%. Every branch has a job to do. They may conduct different missions, but they are a team. They all swore the same oath. Thank you for your service.

I swore the same oath to work at the post office as I did to join the military.

Surely the oath can't make the difference.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I can truly say that the biggest mistake I've made in my life was getting out of the Navy. But it was right at the end of the Viet Nam war and the military was not appreciated and often times demonetized by the general public. I really think I missed a lot by getting out then. I applaud anyone that has served and offer encouragement to anyone thinking of serving. The military has a lot to offer and ensures the continuation of our way of life.

I know what you mean. The longer I'm out the more I miss it. If I knew then, what I know now. For one I would have never gotten married when I did. Secondly I would have stayed in. They where the best times of my life. I served with some great individuals. Also made some good friends. Did something I thought actually mattered. Not the same old routine every day. Everything happens for a reason though. I'm just thankful I got to serve my country. I was really going down the wrong path. The Military was the right thing for me. Got me on track and taught me to be a Man. A lesson many of our youngster's need these days.

Thanks again for your service :patriot: Glad to have Patriots like yourself in this country. It's one thing that makes it great. Gives a little light at the end of the tunnel, if you know what I mean!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom