• ...and so much more!
  • Tradesylver

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2024
    Brown County
    While cleaning out one of my filing cabinets today and ran across this article that I had saved and looked it up to see if it was still available online and it is. The link to the article is below. As a member of USCCA the golden rule is to call 911 and follow up with a call to their 800 number. At the time I read this it made sense then and as I read this again today I wondered if it still makes sense today. Be interesting to here your thoughts.

DD15CBUS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 16, 2024
    Columbus
    I definitely feel like if its important enough to call the 1st time, and you care, follow up. But not all circumstances may warrant that

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's quite a bit I disagree with the article on.

I have an acquaintance who shot and killed a man and shot someone else in the corse of the struggle. The guy I know was on the man's property when a fight broke out and eventually the man was shot and killed. This is truly the short version without further details.

The police never filed charges against the man I know because they ruled the shooting justified in line with self defense.

It obviously depends on the local prosecutor and the circumstances but I can't for the life of me believe that speaking to police with anything other than "I was in fear for my life" and "I'd like counsel present before I give further" jams you up. I believe the default that police are going to arrest you on the spot is also incorrect since they'd need to get it right from the start and would leave charges up to which way the prosecutor wanted to play it.

Just my 2cents

Tradesylver

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2024
    Brown County
    There's quite a bit I disagree with the article on.

I have an acquaintance who shot and killed a man and shot someone else in the corse of the struggle. The guy I know was on the man's property when a fight broke out and eventually the man was shot and killed. This is truly the short version without further details.

The police never filed charges against the man I know because they ruled the shooting justified in line with self defense.

It obviously depends on the local prosecutor and the circumstances but I can't for the life of me believe that speaking to police with anything other than "I was in fear for my life" and "I'd like counsel present before I give further" jams you up. I believe the default that police are going to arrest you on the spot is also incorrect since they'd need to get it right from the start and would leave charges up to which way the prosecutor wanted to play it.

Just my 2cents
    It's just another point of view and it may be out dated by today's standards.

Top Bottom