Unintended Consequences, anyone read it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Unintended Consequences (by John Ross) should be consider mandatory reading for anyone who professes an interest in preserving our individual right to keep and bear arms as well as individual liberty in general. If you have note read it, you should at your earliest opportunity. If you have read it, you should read it again.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I got a copy of the unexpurgated first run, then got another signed copy of the amended edition about a year later at Knob Creek.

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    got mine in Oct 95 at the indy 1500 autographed. I have read it at least 6 times, an dfind my self pulling it out for reference on firearms history quite often. I have loaned it out many times,and have bought 5 or 6 additional copies and given them out as gifts. by far it is my favorite book, and I am an avid reader.

what is the difference in the first edition and the amended version?

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    holy crap, I just looked it up on amazon. used from $76 to $250+ new at $110. don't think I'll be loaning mine out to much any more, and definitely wont be buying more copies

FOR RENT

autographed first edition of Unintended Consequences by John Ross

$50 per week
    $500 + AR 15 deposit required :):

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Hmm, I'll have to check the library for it. Just finished up One Second After.

Need to find a copy of Patriots: A Novel of Survival in the Coming Collapse

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN

Skip the Patriots book. It is a fairy tale book that is wrote poorly and is very dated. You won't learn enough to actually make the purchase a viable option.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy

Since you have been a huge help with the videos, I would be more than happy to loan you my copy of Inintended Consequences.

However, like others have mentioned, you will be better off buying a copy for yourself as you will find yourself re-reading it about once a year.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    got mine in Oct 95 at the indy 1500 autographed. I have read it at least 6 times, an dfind my self pulling it out for reference on firearms history quite often. I have loaned it out many times,and have bought 5 or 6 additional copies and given them out as gifts. by far it is my favorite book, and I am an avid reader.

what is the difference in the first edition and the amended version?

There is a body armor salesman, I think his name is David Richards in the book, that looked an awful lot like Rick Davis of Second Chance body armor. Davis was trying to get government contracts at the time (this was before he was accused of fraud and sued by the Army for substandard armor being provided) and didn't want to look anti-government. He pitched a sh*t-fit and apparently some changes were made, it's been a while since I've read them, but they are different. I just looked at my autographed copy, I thought I had gotten it at Knob Creek, but it says Oct 26, 1996 at Indianapolis so I must have gotten it at the 1500 also.

preachere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Mishawaka
    Excellent book! I highly recommend it and will make sure my children read it at least once before they leave from under my roof.

Regards,
    Eric

Top Bottom