• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Right.now he has been accused of the crime and the bail is used as a means to say, look, as long as you give us some leverage, and come back for trial, you are free to go.

Why should bail.be set to where.he.can't pay it, or raised at all? If you set.it for 100K and he is out on a surety bond, then what difference would 300K make?

Or Set it so high he is forced to use his house?

You get the money back when the trial is over. You think someone would **** away 100K and flee the country but not 300K? Especially considering he is being.charged with what a d felony.and.an A misdemeanor? And some infrActions.

Unless they have a reason to believe he won't.come to court, why would they raise the bail? Bail isnt a punishment..

And yes those examples.are very high, I know lol

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    His picture is attached to the news stories.
    Thanks. I went back and looked. When the story was fresh they hadn't got his mug shot posted yet so I hadn't went back to see it after I read it. He looks familiar for some reason, and that's weird because I don't have personal police interactions really. Maybe in a store or something. I don't forget faces, so ill eventualy put it together.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You do understand that getting his wiener slapped happens when he's CONVICTED AT TRIAL, right? Do you even understand the concept of bail, and why it's available? I'm starting to seriously doubt it.

I'm not friends with the guy. I don't want to "go besties" with him or pay for his legal defense. I don't even know why you bring that up except to personally attack me for daring to question your opinion.

You're not the court. You're just the one who thinks his bail should be higher, ostensibly so he can't afford it, as though you know better than the court, as though bail is intended to be some sort of punishment. You did see the whole "reasonable" phrase in the Constitution, that I quoted, right?

You're the one that wants him held for a psych evaluation, even though you have no basis in reality to think he's got some sort of mental disorder other than "he dressed up and pretended to be a cop."

You're the one who wants to do everything possible to keep him in jail, for what in reality is a very minor crime.

Your only basis for doing so is the fact that what he pissed you off.
    I understand the process from an outside perspective. I'm not for sure how the whole bond process works but here's how i understand it.
    arrested, processed. Sit in jail till you go before a judge and get a lawyer for free or a paid one, they fine you and let you out after the fine is paid or they set bail which is a monetary promise of you to pay to come back for a later court date to hear your plea of guilt or innocence and then you go back i a later date to find your innocence or guilt by the court. Is that the gist of it?

also no bail is set for capital crimes right? I try to stay out of trouble so I have no need to find out how it works.

and as far as being mad? Yes I am mad. How many rights did he violate? How many bad things did he do that people thought he was a real cop so real cops get blamed for his bad actions? And he did something discraceful by posing at a fallen officers funeral.
    also Him getting arrested might have saved his life since cops jobs force them to deal with REAL bad guys and not just pretend ones. I think it would be funny And just if they permenantly confiscate his car, radios, lights, clothes, and any guns he used while impersonating. Yes that's right I said guns. Flame on I don't care. He is a criminal (if convicted). Which I think as long as all of the people he pulled over come forward he will be.

also what's scary is this guy came into a school (as stated above) or on school grounds while posing as a cop. Big security risk since he is possibly a mentally unstable person and he was armed , which (agree or not) is illegal for a citizen. So I'm expecting additional charges to be lumped on this guy.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I just saw this reply. I'm glad to see they have him the max. Now let's see if he's convicted.

i have no problem with the guys firearms and other toys found at his home. Even his collection of badges and cop uniforms is fine and not illegal. But when he impersonated any Leo then he was wrong. So now it sounds like a lot of good guns will be destroyed? Unless the cops can keep them? Now he won't be ever able to own a gun again.

Top Bottom