Unfair voting restrictions in Indiana. Wait! What?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    This landed in my Inbox today.

Thanks to some of the most restrictive voting laws in the country, Indiana had one of the lowest voter-participation rates in the nation in 2014. These restrictive voting laws disproportionately target poor, elderly, and minority voters, and stand in the way of completely free and fair elections in Indiana. Enough is enough: Add your name to demand our state legislature make voting more accessible! Baron Hill for Indiana

Baron Hill for Indiana

I did not know! Please explain?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    This landed in my Inbox today.

Thanks to some of the most restrictive voting laws in the country, Indiana had one of the lowest voter-participation rates in the nation in 2014. These restrictive voting laws disproportionately target poor, elderly, and minority voters, and stand in the way of completely free and fair elections in Indiana. Enough is enough: Add your name to demand our state legislature make voting more accessible! Baron Hill for Indiana

Baron Hill for Indiana

I did not know! Please explain?

Republicans have openly admitted voter ID is meant to keep Democrats away from the polls.

Nothing to do with fraud.

[video=youtube;98hw3lVIC0Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98hw3lVIC0Q[/video]

“The Republican Party, the strategists, the consultants, they firmly believe that early voting is bad for Republican Party candidates,” Greer told the Post. “It’s done for one reason and one reason only...‘We’ve got to cut down on early voting because early voting is not good for us.’"

Jim Greer, Ex-Florida GOP Chair, Claims Republican Voting Laws Focused On Suppression, Racism

Voter supression is an obvious conservative tactic.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Republicans have openly admitted voter ID is meant to keep Democrats away from the polls.

Nothing to do with fraud.
    “The Republican Party, the strategists, the consultants, they firmly believe that early voting is bad for Republican Party candidates,” Greer told the Post. “It’s done for one reason and one reason only...‘We’ve got to cut down on early voting because early voting is not good for us.’"

Jim Greer, Ex-Florida GOP Chair, Claims Republican Voting Laws Focused On Suppression, Racism

I didn't hear him mention anything about democrat voters. If democrats would stop voting once they die this wouldn't be an issue.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I didn't hear him mention anything about democrat voters. If democrats would stop voting once they die this wouldn't be an issue.

Dead voters turning up in more than 1-2 votes per precinct is a myth you have been fed by your handlers.

Basic research. Basic data. You only have to look.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why would anyone be against this? Voter ID aside, Indiana polls should be open later than 6pm, and polling places uniform in number, in comparison to populace. Certainly polling places shouldn't be drastically cut due to "budgetary" concerns.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Why would anyone be against this? Voter ID aside, Indiana polls should be open later than 6pm, and polling places uniform in number, in comparison to populace. Certainly polling places shouldn't be drastically cut due to "budgetary" concerns.

We should just have mail-in only ballots like in some states. Gives everyone a fair chance to vote.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

You don't want to rig elections enough my friend.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I see a lot of comments taken out of context to make a point, such as;
    "Is it possible church buses will be used to transport people directly to the mall since the poll will open when the mall opens? If this happens, so much for the accepted principle of separation of church and state.”

“I guess I really actually feel we shouldn’t contort the voting process to accommodate the urban — read African-American — voter-turnout machine.” - you mean he wanted the ability to vote to be applied fairly, and with no one demographic being given an advantage over another? For shame

But lets not forget the important distinction on when it is racist to ask for ID;
    9750_890960324297431_4851738919983164431_n_zps5ek8phh6.jpg

Top Bottom