• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pwnisher17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Oh OK thank you. I came here originally for information I.e. my first thread, I've known of this site for a while, I came acrossed it a few times while searching knife and gun laws in indiana. I'm now considering making my first gun purchase through a member of this site come tax time. But anyway I'm a lil foggy does any "extended " reply add to "quality " posts?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Oh OK thank you. I came here originally for information I.e. my first thread, I've known of this site for a while, I came acrossed it a few times while searching knife and gun laws in indiana. I'm now considering making my first gun purchase through a member of this site come tax time. But anyway I'm a lil foggy does any "extended " reply add to "quality " posts?

So long as they are not one liners and you are actually contributing to the conversation of the thread. $15 and you can buy ASAP so long as you can find someone selling something

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    The quoted portion counts as a 'one liner' and not a 'quality post'

(I've broken the 50 post barrier so I'm allowed :laugh: )

:welcome: to INgo. May your stay be long and may you learn lots (about bacon and 5 year old girls' tactical weapon removal skills)

You sure about being above the 50 quality posts? After reading around here, I'm not sure many are. Myself included.:):

OP, welcome to INGO. Enjoy your stay and avoid the basement. That's where printcraft stays.

pwnisher17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Thank you guys, daddymike I like you profile pic. I hope 9 days from now America agrees and kicks him out. Lol

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

The best explanation I can offer regarding quality posts and the 50 post rule is that it is an arbitrary limit designed to allow the rest of us an opportunity to get to know you a little bit and also to prevent spammers and hucksters from raiding INGO. Just participate, be yourself, post remarks that share your thoughts and articulate points rather than filler material (like the guy who posted 'hmmmm' about 40 out of his 50 posts which the mods promptly removed from his post count) and you will be there before you know it.

I will also add that I understand that this is much like every minute getting twice as long as the one before it in sixth period English class in high school. It seems that my first 50 took much longer than my last 3000 posts (of course, the posts flow more freely when you get a feel for the people around you!).

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    As far as quality post go, the site talks about one liners. Well there are people that talk very little and answer in short "one line" answers.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    As far as quality post go, the site talks about one liners. Well there are people that talk very little and answer in short "one line" answers.

That right there is called efficiency. If I can answer a question in one sentence, why keep going on and on and possibly lead to confusion?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom