• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chris46131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Franklin
    They can't get an AWB through the Senate. Do you really think they can get 2/3 of the Senate to ratify a treaty that bans all private firearms ownership?

The UN isn't coming for your guns. There are enough real problems without spending time worrying about this.

I heard or read somewhere that once a tretaty is signed by the president it basically becomes the law of the land until such time as it comes up for ratification vote in the senate. So, all they would need to do is keep postponing such a vote and we would be stuck with it.

I'm cannot cite a source as a do not recall where I heard it. Also, I am not presenting this as fact as I can't research it at the moment. So, if anyone more educated on the topic can confirm this as true or confirm that it is B.S. that would be much appreciated.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Even if our senate doesn't ratify it there goes imports of foreign arms and ammo. Imagine that the only firearms and ammo you could get were US made. I don't know about you, but I certainly can't afford that!

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Makes me want to get a long range rifle sorted. I don't have long distance means atm except a Mosin Nagant, but with irons it won't do much good....

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    If I remember history right...either Admiral Yamamoto, or The Emporer of Japan in the late 1930's said that invasion of the continental United States would be a huge undertaking and that if they do decide to do it, that it would be very costly for them, for they wouldnt have to worry so much about the military, it was the common citizen and "every shotgun in every home" that they would have to worry about.

The UN small arms treaty, to with Billary Clinton is so in favor of, is designed to make our personal weapons illegal in the states, as they are in Europe. In order to be able to effectively ruin our country, they have to make sure that they dont have any opposition when they start raining down in green parachutes. (ever see Red Dawn?)

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    I don't believe they can ratify a treaty even with a 2/3 vote that blatantly violates the constitution.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Since when did the likes of Obama, Feinstein, peloisy, Reid and Hillary Clinton ever give two farts in a stiff breeze about the constitution?

Last edited:

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Considering that a treaty needs to be ratified by 2/3 of the Senate, I'm not going to lose sleep over this. I'll certainly stay engaged, but this isn't something that has any chance of going anywhere.

And even if this was somehow ratified by 2/3 of the Senate, since it's in conflict with the US Constitution, the only way this can stand is if the Constitution is amended to go along with this. That takes MORE than the Senate, the several states must also go along. Probably not gonna happen anytime soon.

So far, at least, US Constitution trumps UN resolutions and treaties.

corronade

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    kokomo
    If we dont act and bombared our senate and house with emails and phone calls we are just as guilty.
    I incourage all to call our United States Senators and Congressman, and let them know that they need to listen to their constituents and protect our right. that is what they are getting paid for.
    Remind them that they need to fix our budget, remove any gun control bills, and remove obama care.

here is some helpful information to get the message across

Senate: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?State=IN

House: http://www.house.gov/representatives/#state_id

PLEASE TAKE A LITTLE TIME AND WRITE TO THEM

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I don't believe they can ratify a treaty even with a 2/3 vote that blatantly violates the constitution.
    And if passed it will stand until the supreme court rules that it violates the constitution. If they rule that it is constitutional after the senate passes it there's not much that can be done at that point.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    So if the UN votes to take our weapons, and the president signs on, and everything else happens, someone please tell me where the millions of UN troops are currently hiding that would be required to remove the firearms from US citizens? Heck if they started in New York City and Chicago first, there would be no UN troops left as they would be decimated by the firearm owners of the inner cities.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Treaties override our constitution

Of course, this is the whole purpose of the 2nd amendment, to defend our rights from foreign and domestic enemies. Should our leaders accept the UN resolutions to disarm the American people, then it is quite clear that we face both foreign and domestic enemies. We will have no choice at that point but to defend our rights.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    "This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding."

To my non legal mind, this reads to me that the Constitution comes first. Where is Kirk when you need him?

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    "This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding."

To my non legal mind, this reads to me that the Constitution comes first. Where is Kirk when you need him?

"shall be the supreme Law of the Land; ...any thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding"

notwithstanding = in spite of

To me that says treaties trump the constitution, and any laws of the state.

Also, I vote we make the UN HQ into a gun store in spite, where we have daily raffles of class 3 firearms that we would collect from the UN soldiers. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom