• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    If certain sects practice illegal acts within the borders of the United States they should be prosecuted, but there's no reason to vilify the entirety of Islam for the actions of a few as many here call for.

Are you sure? ... because I'm pretty sure in a Fascism this practice is totally acceptable.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Destro specifically mentioned Christianity... He said there are no murderers that are Christian.

But it seems that you can in fact be a murderer and a Christian at the same time...

I think many Christians would say you can't go on murdering and still be a Christian. But you can be forgiven for having done it. Part of repentance is turning away from sin.

ETA: So you can be a murderer, just not a practicing one.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    While I agree with the conclusion being reached, I would remind you that I recently got banned for a couple of days for religious discussion (and don't want it to happen to anyone else), which I perceived to be purely explanatory in nature, as opposed to arguing, evangelizing, or being otherwise troublesome. Good thoughts but not worth the risk--PMs work much better in this regard.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    While I agree with the conclusion being reached, I would remind you that I recently got banned for a couple of days for religious discussion (and don't want it to happen to anyone else), which I perceived to be purely explanatory in nature, as opposed to arguing, evangelizing, or being otherwise troublesome. Good thoughts but not worth the risk--PMs work much better in this regard.

I hear ya brother... I was unfortunately part of that ban, so your suggestion is noted. I don't want to be banned again either....

however... I don't understand the double standard here? We can discuss Islam to great extent. Many of us can even condemn Islam, spit on it... call for its extermination and those who subscribe to it.

Does Islam not count as religion? Or does INGO (the regulatory portion) merely interpret Christianity as the ONLY religion and therefore off limits, while all other religions are false religions and therefore open game?

I'd like a little bit of clarification honestly....

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hear ya brother... I was unfortunately part of that ban, so your suggestion is noted. I don't want to be banned again either....

however... I don't understand the double standard here? We can discuss Islam to great extent. Many of us can even condemn Islam, spit on it... call for its extermination and those who subscribe to it.

Does Islam not count as religion? Or does INGO (the regulatory portion) merely interpret Christianity as the ONLY religion and therefore off limits, while all other religions are false religions and therefore open game?

I'd like a little bit of clarification honestly....

I think that many here are not much different from a bunch of old men arguing every day in the park.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I see the problem here. My original reply was to Caleb who believes no Muslim deserves rights due to others in their religion (such as the aforementioned Islamists). As in the Mormon example there's no reason to persecute a whole group of people due to the illegal actions of a few. If certain sects practice illegal acts within the borders of the United States they should be prosecuted, but there's no reason to vilify the entirety of Islam for the actions of a few as many here call for.

Wait a min, I never said I do believe no Muslim deserves rights...those legally allowed to live here, that is. However what I'm saying is Muslims are not truly allowed freedom to speech or freedom of religion. They limit themselves, nobody else does

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    They do not acknowledge law of the land, so technically it doesn't apply to them...
    This was said in reply to this:

You are basically implying that the First Amendment doesn't apply to Islam. If I'm being unfair please clarify your position.
    Reads very much like you are implying it doesn't apply to them. Sorry if I've misunderstood you perhaps. What was it you meant?

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    This was said in reply to this:

Reads very much like you are implying it doesn't apply to them. Sorry if I've misunderstood you perhaps. What was it you meant?

If they are legally allowed to be here, they are covered under our constitution. Problem is, their religion limits what they they can say especially if it's contrary to their religion or if they want to convert to a different religion, that's not acceptable to their religion.

Thing is, in my mind, muslims are muslims and you never know which muslims are radical or not. As more time passes, the more and more I dislike muslims.

You just can't trust them!

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    If they are legally allowed to be here, they are covered under our constitution. Problem is, their religion limits what they they can say especially if it's contrary to their religion or if they want to convert to a different religion, that's not acceptable to their religion.

Thing is, in my mind, muslims are muslims and you never know which muslims are radical or not. As more time passes, the more and more I dislike muslims.

You just can't trust them!
    I understand what you mean. Yes, the devout ones are very strict amongst their community in speaking against Islam. I think though there are many moderate Muslims in this country. Think of your Christmas and Easter Christians, but in an Islamic format. I agree though that the biggest terroristic threat in our country is from Islamic radicals. I'm not sure what there is to do about it. I would support stricter immigration and travel laws across the board if that would be a step in the right direction; I just don't support genocidal acts as others here do. Not saying you do, but there are some here that do.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I understand what you mean. Yes, the devout ones are very strict amongst their community in speaking against Islam. I think though there are many moderate Muslims in this country. Think of your Christmas and Easter Christians, but in an Islamic format. I agree though that the biggest terroristic threat in our country is from Islamic radicals. I'm not sure what there is to do about it. I would support stricter immigration and travel laws across the board if that would be a step in the right direction; I just don't support genocidal acts as others here do. Not saying you do, but there are some here that do.

How does anybody know moderate muslims are just radical muslim in dormant? Not suggesting genocide, however muslims are expanding everywhere and the koran that they follow condemns infidels(all those who don't believe).

I've been told once that we can coexist, however I find it utterly impossible.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    How does anybody know moderate muslims are just radical muslim in dormant? Not suggesting genocide, however muslims are expanding everywhere and the koran that they follow condemns infidels(all those who don't believe).

I've been told once that we can coexist, however I find it utterly impossible.

Excellent point.

Moderate or not, there's still a lot of sketchy stuff in the Koran. And yes, I know that there's some potentially questionable stuff in the Old Testament, but modern Christianity is a New Testament faith. Islam holds that Mohammed was superior to all prophets before him including, yes, Jesus.

Examples:

Wifebeating:

"Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great."

Age of consent:

"Such of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the prescribed period, if ye have any doubts, is three months, and for those who have no courses (it is the same): for those who carry (life within their wombs), their period is until they deliver their burdens: and for those who fear Allah, He will make their path easy."

Treatment of non-Islamics:

"Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection."

Treatment of homosexuals:

“If you find anyone doing as Lot's people did, kill the one who does it, and the one to whom it is done.”

It's important to note that none of these verses have been abrigated by any modern, mainstream fatwas (some of them, in fact, have been confirmed). Whereas considering there are members of my church with tattoos, our pastor has yet to call upon us to stone them.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I bring up the point I'm sure many don't follow the Quran so closely. I'm sure we can all think of many Christians who have committed the sins of adultery, who have worked on Sunday, and who have "coveted" things his neighbor owns. Some pretty weighty sins in the Biblical order, but not that much in the morals of the United States. Many old taboos seem rather silly in the modern world.

This is how one would defeat a religious enemy. You can't kill a religion. You can destroy a culture. A gradual westernization of the Middle East would do more towards eliminating radical Islam than military action ever did. Television, radio, fast food, and cheap consumer goods would do more to undermine the radicals than bombs and bullets ever could.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    A gradual westernization of the Middle East would do more towards eliminating radical Islam than military action ever did. Television, radio, fast food, and cheap consumer goods would do more to undermine the radicals than bombs and bullets ever could.
    Profoundly true.

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Absolutely disgusting. Europe has a huge problem with muslim immigrants who refuse to assimilate and demand that their host countries accommodate them by becoming just like the crapholes they fled from in the first place. It sucks to see a good innocent soldier butchered on the streets just because he stepped up to defend his country. The poor man looks just like someone I went to college with, it's really sad.

Top Bottom