• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Nice work by junior. That kick and near takedown was the way I expected it to go until Cain caught one and hit the single and... Well, junior put an end to all that.

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    I bet Dana White is a little bummed! Prime time Saturday night slot backed with a ton of marketing money for a 1 minute fight

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Almost 40 minutes of build up just for that. They could have at least shown a couple other fights in that time.

If they aren't going to do any warm up fights. I won't even bother turning it to that channel until the fight is about to start. My thirst for battle was not quenched.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Wow. And I trusted you guys. . . . My first MMA tune-in and THAT was what the fuss was about?! Forty frickin' minutes of WWF style lead up for one minute forty seconds of fighting?! I don't think that's going to get a regular spot. . . .

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Way too much intro time, sucked that there was only one fight, but I enjoyed that fight. When you're not wearing pillows on your hands, fights tend to be different. I rarely have a problem with a quick fight. I hate most of the fights that go to the judges. Normally all of the hype for the main event comes between the 6-8-10 prelims.

PwrCruz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Westside Indy
    You could tell Dana was PO'd that it was such a quick fight.
    The way he questioned Cains camp for not going with a fight plan to apply pressure and grind Junior against the cage for a few rounds and wear him down . I have never seen him critic a fighters strategy like I did last night.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    regarding all the pre fight stuff you have to remember that this fight was less for fans and more of an advertisement to new people who haven't watched UFC, so yeah if I was dana I would have been let down as well with the outcome because it didn't do a lot to draw in the casual or non UFC fan.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    wow

At least the video game puts up a fight.:):

15 seconds of my life wasted.:xmad: I coulda been makin' bullets. Just in case I ever meet one of those two monsters and he decides he doesn't like me.:dunno::draw::draw:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sounds like the best fight of the night was'nt even televised. From what i'm hearing the undercard fight was a humdinger with Ben Henderson vs. Clay Guida. They should've televised that instead of all the 40 mins. of pre-fight hype blather.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    regarding all the pre fight stuff you have to remember that this fight was less for fans and more of an advertisement to new people who haven't watched UFC, so yeah if I was dana I would have been let down as well with the outcome because it didn't do a lot to draw in the casual or non UFC fan.

That's a good point. People new to it would think it's just sloppy boxing with little weird gloves.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I was suoer Pi**ed. I hate fights that dont make it past the first round.

I disagree. Some of the best fights are the ones that end quickly.
    Look up flying arm bar on youtube.

Jujitsu is why I love MMA. Anyone can stand toe to toe and trade punches.

noname1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    I liked the fight. MMA has changed so much since it started. This fightnhad the commentators talking about a 3 inch height advantage. Remember in the beginning when the would fight several guys in a day and Gracie was 180 pound and killing 300 pounders? I would have been impressed if Lessnar went down and fought Dos Santos afer his 1 minute warm up bout.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I liked the fight. MMA has changed so much since it started. This fightnhad the commentators talking about a 3 inch height advantage. Remember in the beginning when the would fight several guys in a day and Gracie was 180 pound and killing 300 pounders? I would have been impressed if Lessnar went down and fought Dos Santos afer his 1 minute warm up bout.
    Yeah, Lesnar was doing alot of jawboning last night but he's gotta get past his next opponent first and if he manages to do that and get a shot at Dos Santos he's got his hands full because Dos Santos is one of the best strikers in the game.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

If he wasn't such a selfish prick and would have showed more than 1 damn fight, he may have actually pulled in some new viewers.

Instead, he got exactly what he deserved, which was nothing. I can't imagine one single person would actually pay for a PPV after last night that didn't already get them before.

There were some damn good undercard fights on last night too.

Top Bottom