• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Bump for discussion. Seems like nobody here is counting Hardy as any opposition. Even standing, could Hardy catch GSP with a knock out? There have to be some Brits here rooting for the home team.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I've seen Hardy in some fights, he is very strong, I believe he
    has alot of endurance, very tough fighter. There is no such thing
    in a fight as a sure thing....but...GSP is the Champ for a reason...an
    Hardy won't be fighting in front of the home crowd over in England,
    so Hardy is going to want to brawl with GSP for any chance at all.
    GSP will take him down in the 3rd an submit him.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Marcus Davis the the Irish Hand grenade. Not Irish, and when he fought in a UFC promotion in Ireland, he changed his monicker, presumably due to fear for his safety. :D

That guy is a joke. I used to like him before he turned into a drama queen. He is still *****ing to this day that he felt he won his fight with Hardy. I gave him one round(the second round I believe), but the other two clearly went to Hardy from where I was sitting.

BTW, here is a post-fight picture of the two fighters...Looks pretty close to me:

hardy-davies-post-fight.jpg

ET phone home!

Bump for discussion. Seems like nobody here is counting Hardy as any opposition. Even standing, could Hardy catch GSP with a knock out? There have to be some Brits here rooting for the home team.

If Serra can KO GSP, so can Hardy. Serra beating GSP was the biggest upset in MMA history IIRC. Serra has tremendous power though...But Hardy is definitely quicker and one of the few guys in the division that is bigger than GSP.

Ultimately though, GSP has the best functional wrestling in MMA history. He's going to repeatedly put Hardy on his back and pound him out.

BTW, LOL @ your last sentence.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Serra is a lot more muscular than Hardy, so Hardy knocking out GSP isn't the same. Admittedly Hardy is probably faster than Serra. I doubt the speed will phase GSP, but it might. Hardy better have his jab loaded if he wants to KO him. Maybe I am wrong, but I can't wonder if Hardy beating GSP would be a bigger upset than when Serra did. Thoughts?

P.S. Marcus Davis has been disappointing. Early fights looked good, recently not so much. Yeah, nice face there Davis. It must have been a close fight :) Looks like Hardy just got off a carousel and Davis got hit by a truck.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Serra is a lot more muscular than Hardy, so Hardy knocking out GSP isn't the same. Admittedly Hardy is probably faster than Serra. I doubt the speed will phase GSP, but it might. Hardy better have his jab loaded if he wants to KO him. Maybe I am wrong, but I can't wonder if Hardy beating GSP would be a bigger upset than when Serra did. Thoughts?

P.S. Marcus Davis has been disappointing. Early fights looked good, recently not so much. Yeah, nice face there Davis. It must have been a close fight :) Looks like Hardy just got off a carousel and Davis got hit by a truck.

i think IF hardy beat gsp it would be a bigger upset than serra betting gsp. but i dont think it would be as suprising as serra knocking out gsp. i dont think anyone (even serra) saw that comming.

i gave serra a chance in the serra gsp fight. however i did not give him a chance in the standup area

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

It may not be the same, but Hardy has 11 (T)KO's to Serra's 2 (Man, I wish I would have made a friendly wager on Serra KOing GSP back in '07).

With regards to who's the bigger underdog, I'm not sure...I'd say Serra was.

As far as betting lines go, it's too early to tell since not many people have their money on the line yet and odds change according to who everyone is betting on.

Edit: Now that I think about it, GSP is 5 times the fighter he was when he fought Serra the first time, so maybe Hardy is the bigger underdog...GSP learned a LOT from that Serra fight.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just out of curiousity, what is it that you don't like about GSP?

I like BJ Penn. Need I say more? Like I said, I respect what the man does; I'm just not a fan. Without putting on the tin foil hat, I still question the Vaseline on the shoulders and neck during the 2nd fight between GSP and Penn.

Agree with another poster though. I'm looking more forward to Mir fight, as well as Ft. Wayne native, and Purdue grad, Jon Fitch! :rockwoot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I like BJ Penn. Need I say more? Like I said, I respect what the man does; I'm just not a fan. Without putting on the tin foil hat, I still question the Vaseline on the shoulders and neck during the 2nd fight between GSP and Penn.

Agree with another poster though. I'm looking more forward to Mir fight, as well as Ft. Wayne native, and Purdue grad, Jon Fitch! :rockwoot:

Well I can see how vaseline would look shady, I had never heard that before. I don't understand disliking GSP simply because he beat Penn twice, but each their own. :D

I just wondered if there was some dirt, like GSP is real jerk in daily life or whatever.

Is the vaseline thing standard procedure, or is that GSP trying to get the shake on Penn?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    vaseline on the face ad cheaks is standard procedure. if helps gloves not stick to your face and slide off. it prevents cuts.

bj claimed gsp put it on his sholders so get couldn't get ahold of him

I've seen it to protect against cuts, but had never heard the allegation about GSPs shoulders.

Is this simply some cry-baby stuff that Mr.Throw-In-The-Towel-In-The-Fourth came up with, or is there legitimate information that GSP did this? I am not ruling out either possibility :):

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I've seen it to protect against cuts, but had never heard the allegation about GSPs shoulders.

Is this simply some cry-baby stuff that Mr.Throw-In-The-Towel-In-The-Fourth came up with, or is there legitimate information that GSP did this? I am not ruling out either possibility :):

thats as big a argument as glock vs xd. imo the alligations are unfounded

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Well if Penn didn't have a history of excuses and whimpering, it would be easier to believe the allegations against GSP. Maybe it's all just a facade, but I think GSP is classier than that. I've certainly been fooled before, and he stood to gain a lot, so I wouldn't put it past a person in his position.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Well if Penn didn't have a history of excuses and whimpering, it would be easier to believe the allegations against GSP. Maybe it's all just a facade, but I think GSP is classier than that. I've certainly been fooled before, and he stood to gain a lot, so I wouldn't put it past a person in his position.

BJ Peeeeen is a cry baby b****.

GSP's cornerman(I can think of his name off of the top of my head) claimed the rubbing of his shoulders and upper back is was a breathing technique he's been doing forever...Whether or not it is true remains unknown. What I DO know is the tapes have been reviewed countless amounts of times and there isn't enough evidence to DQ GSP for greasing.

I have absolutely no desire to see a third fight between the two, but if they did I'd like to see them wear rash guards just to prove BJ's allegations were complete BS.

BJ is a great fighter, but he's just out weighed and outclassed against GSP.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    As for the remark about not liking GSP just because he beat Penn twice is like saying why wouldn't Cardinals fans like the Cubs just because they beat them twice. I just don't care for GSP, but I respect his craft.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGyDacXx8YY[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvk5kp7sRHw[/ame]

As for the comparisons with Penn; BJ came up in weight class as Bazooka Joe pointed out. I don't want to see a third fight either. Maybe way down the road, meaning a few years, and only if they meet in the middle as far a weight is concerned. For that matter, let's have the fight in Indy too! Half way between Hawaii and Montreal. Until then, let each man dominate their respective weight class and leave it at that.

But enough about Penn and GSP, isn't anyone else a fan of Fitch?

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    As for the remark about not liking GSP just because he beat Penn twice is like saying why wouldn't Cardinals fans like the Cubs just because they beat them twice. I just don't care for GSP, but I respect his craft.

YouTube - Dana White Mad as Hell at GSP For Cheating

As for the comparisons with Penn; BJ came up in weight class as Bazooka Joe pointed out. I don't want to see a third fight either. Maybe way down the road, meaning a few years, and only if they meet in the middle as far a weight is concerned. For that matter, let's have the fight in Indy too! Half way between Hawaii and Montreal. Until then, let each man dominate their respective weight class and leave it at that.

But enough about Penn and GSP, isn't anyone else a fan of Fitch?

GSP recently said he has put on 10 lbs of muscle over the past few months...I'm guessing he is preparing for a jump to MW soon. IMO, if BJ wants the WW belt, he needs to quit b****ing and put in the time and effort to put on some weight. Why should GSP have to lose weight to fight someone he has no desire to fight again?

He's up 2 to 0...If BJ won the next fight would it go to a best of 5?

As far as Fitch is concerned, I think he's a really nice guy and a class act, but an absolute sleeping pill in the ring. I'm not a big fan of watching decision machines...I do however, think he's the second best WW in the world.

Top Bottom