• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Actually, the Military has historically been in the Business of Repossessing and Building the Case against those who Steal or Deal in Stolen Military Wares...

And HTF do you know what the Infantry looks like in Afghanistan?!

Might just want to Research the particular Arm of the Military that does this kinda stuff...
    For the Air Force it is the AFOSI (US Air Force Office of Special Investigations) ;)
    Psssttt...
    They are also FEDERAL AGENTS....

The AFOSI focuses on five priorities:

• Develop and retain a force capable of meeting Air Force needs,
    • Detect and provide early warning of worldwide threats to the Air Force,
    • Identify and resolve crime impacting Air Force readiness or good order and discipline,
    • Combat threats to Air Force information systems and technologies, and
    • Defeat and deter fraud in the acquisition of Air Force prioritized weapons systems.

If you really hate the establishment so much why do you not do something to change it?! :dunno:
    Are there to many steps to get out of your Basement, ur I mean your Bunker?!

+1 for this response.....while it is not only wrong and illegal for military to be involved with enforcing civilian laws as federal agents they are working within their authority......I did not know what the name of the Air Forces' investigative branch was being a Marine myself, nor did I know they are trained federal agents......that makes this situation basically "null and void" as far as "over stepping the boundary"

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I'm sorry I said something about the military that you don't approve of. Its easier to not make things personal though.

I'm not posting my resume and I don't expect one from you either.

I do not really care what you say about the Military, or the Country for that matter. It is just all you have to say about this Country is venomous and hate filled. Almost every single post you make. If you hate this Country so much why do you stay?!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Decked out in full-combat regalia,

Ummm, that ain't it. That's just what the fashionable mall ninja is wearing these days. You see more gear on the line at carbine class (usually worn by an Executive Vice President of an insurance broker).:laugh:

Air Force troops accompanied the FBI into a Las Vegas gun shop to apparently look for stolen property.

They are coppers, not "troops."

Everyone take two deep breaths. This is just the flatfeet in action.

NickJ

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Not even remotely a good enough reason for them to leave base. This is a matter that should have been solely in the hands of the locals cops or the FBI. They had no business being involved in a law enforcement matter off their base. Doesn't matter if someone at that store had stolen the generals crown jewels. They broke the law.

Yea, well....who is going to stop them?

Nobody on this forum is ever right...some of you feed on telling others that they are wrong, when you haven't even considered their opinion. I call these people ignorant! :chillout:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I agree 100% with this, if you are in the armed forces, you have NO authority outside of those boundaries, unless Congress tells you!!!

I'm sorry I have nothing against the military at all, but this is a horrendous overstepping of bounds!!! The ATF, FBI, and local LEOs were all that was needed...

Think of it this way, are we allowed to participate in Police raids, just because there *might* be some of our stolen goods at the raid location?

Actually this is one of the Charter Reasons for the AFOSI, Army CID, and the Navy NCIS... :popcorn:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So let me get this sraight the military, which has it's own LEOs (SP/MPs) shouldn't be able to investigate crimes that occur on their bases/posts if the crime extends beyond the front gate? Honestly, that's pretty ridiculous.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    My guess is the AF was there to properly identify the stolen items and not particupatin in the raid itself. However if they did participate in the raid, it more than likely was one of the Investigative Units, not the average Airman that was helping out.......which they can do.

I guess I fail to see where this one story leads to this being "the new norm" as the OP would like to make people think.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I do not really care what you say about the Military, or the Country for that matter. It is just all you have to say about this Country is venomous and hate filled. Almost every single post you make. If you hate this Country so much why do you stay?!
    I don't see his posts as hateful towards the Nation, but rather hateful towards the governing body and even Patriotic to a degree.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Actually, the Military has historically been in the Business of Repossessing and Building the Case against those who Steal or Deal in Stolen Military Wares...

And HTF do you know what the Infantry looks like in Afghanistan?!

Might just want to Research the particular Arm of the Military that does this kinda stuff...
    For the Air Force it is the AFOSI (US Air Force Office of Special Investigations) ;)
    Psssttt...
    They are also FEDERAL AGENTS....

The AFOSI focuses on five priorities:

• Develop and retain a force capable of meeting Air Force needs,
    • Detect and provide early warning of worldwide threats to the Air Force,
    • Identify and resolve crime impacting Air Force readiness or good order and discipline,
    • Combat threats to Air Force information systems and technologies, and
    • Defeat and deter fraud in the acquisition of Air Force prioritized weapons systems.

If you really hate the establishment so much why do you not do something to change it?! :dunno:
    Are there to many steps to get out of your Basement, ur I mean your Bunker?!

I guess nobody here is a fan of NCIS. I watch it because Gibbs is cool, my wife loves Abby. Lots of stretching of the truth in the show, but most of it is based in reality.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

You want to whip out your love for America and see who's is bigger? :rolleyes:

We can agree to disagree about using military troops to catch thieves.

But I'm not the problem. The people who don't pay attention and don't say **** are the problem. Maybe they are the real America-haters you are looking for.

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    U.S. Air Force Office of Special Investigations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI, or OSI), is a Field Operating Agency (FOA) of the United States Air Force that provides professional investigative services to commanders throughout the Air Force. AFOSI identifies, investigates and neutralizes criminal, terrorist, and espionage threats to personnel and resources of the Air Force and Department of Defense using Special Agents.
    AFOSI was founded August 1, 1948, at the suggestion of Congress to consolidate investigative activities in the Air Force. Secretary of the Air Force W. Stuart Symington created AFOSI and patterned it after the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). He appointed Special Agent Joseph Carroll, an assistant to FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover, as the first AFOSI commander and charged him with providing independent, unbiased and centrally directed investigations of criminal activity in the Air Force. As of 2007, the AFOSI has 2,900 employees.

Seems to me that they are something a little different than your regular AF MPs.

Silverado

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011

But I'm not the problem. The people who don't pay attention and don't say **** are the problem. Maybe they are the real America-haters you are looking for.

Why don't you point out where Air Force "troops" were used in this raid, instead of jumping to conclusions and spouting your usual hyperbole and automatically assuming the worst case scenario in every post? Constantly throwing a bunch of unsubstantiated crap against the wall, just to see what sticks, doesn't make you a patriot. It makes you a biased agitator. How do you expect anyone to take you seriously, when you haven't even considered the most likely scenario, which is that civilian Air Force OIS agents were on scene due to the involvement of Air Force property? Or do you even know that the Air Force has civilian LE agents?

Air Force Office of Special Investigations - Civilians

One thing is for certain. You have absolutely no standing to complain about half-truths and outright lies and misinformation put out by the mainstream media, as you are quite given to alternate interpretations of events and bias-filled conjecture yourself. Given the frequent inaccuracy of today's media, you certainly missed your calling if you are not a journalist.

:twocents:

Last edited:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I don't see his posts as hateful towards the Nation, but rather hateful towards the governing body and even Patriotic to a degree.

Patriotic?!
    Really?!

I find 99% of his posting to be filled with Half-truths, out right lies, and Conjecture. I feel he missed his true calling as either a Journalist for the MSM or a PR rep... :dunno:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I watched the video and didn't hear or see any mention of AF OSI. Seems like some people are making assumptions.

Yup some are making assumptions and jumping to false conclusions...

Others are making informed decisions based on knowledge and understanding of how the Military System works...

Which group do you think is right... :popcorn:

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    It's only the beginning and yet another way to introduce the military into civilian law, what's left of it. The more we see it and hear about it, the more we will get used to it. Yeah right !

In other words, Military Personnel have no jurisdiction acting against a US Citizen or US business, gun shop or not. Without doing some reading, the only time the military can act against a US Citizen (if ordered) is under Marshall Law.

This smells, just like Fast & Furious. :poop:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

No you are part of the Problem, very much part of the problem. You are spreading more disinformation than the CIA. You do more damage to you own Cause than all the entire Alphabet Agencies combined could with a concerted effort on their part. If you would put a little effort to research the information that you are attempting to convey you would do far better.

Sigh...
    Good intentions...

Silverado

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011