U.S. Military trains with local police to suppress "Zombie Invasion" in the U.S.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    look at it this way - a man from california was imprisoned for a year, for making a video, which is within his 1A rights. he was scapegoated, while your leaders lied to your faces.

the came in force and used a SWAT team to take a man at 1am, for a 'probation violation.' did any LEO who took that man bother standing up and saying, oh hey, this isn't right, i'm not going to comply?

Last edited:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'm not really against joint operations to train LE agencies really. Neither would I be opposed to military providing training to law abiding citizens in an ethical manner. I mean, our troops travel to foreign countries to train others not affiliated with a government in order to benefit our government. Why not provide training to US citizens to some level?

There are pros and cons to it. I'm not against it necessarily and don't think it's a waste of money. I DO, however, question government officials' motives for many things. I think rather than "complain" about things like this, effort to educate and get those in uniform on the same page would be more effective. Simply making them aware of such concerns will likely make them think and help to promote less of the "mindless order-following drone" syndrome which DOES happen on occassion.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    What exactly is the problem, rambone?
    Federalization of local police.
    Militarization of local police.
    I don't consent to this.

And white people used to own slaves. It would be nice to think that we have evolved since then but maybe white people still shouldn't be trusted.
    Good to know the Federal Government has evolved to the point where it is beyond reproach. We should trust that the decisions of DHS are noble and done for the good of ze Homeland.

Every society naive enough to think "it can't happen here" is dangerously close to experiencing "it" happen here.

Reminds me of a few years back at our Annual Training. We were given a scenario of armed presence patrols in American towns. There was a good degree of dissent. Some heated.

We aren't blind robots.
    Thank you for posting. I would certainly hope that there would be outrage for such a drill.

Today's commanders have figured out that they can get less resistance to the martial law training if they use makeup. I guess we've evolved after all.

There are pockets of Muslim communities across this country. They have attempted to enforce Sharia law within their communities and have been met with resistance. If they were to decide they've had enough and go on the attack against anyone not on their team, should they be met with resistance from those paid to protect the public safety?
    Hopefully we all get some training at gunning down crowds of people before that happens. I'm sure it will prove very useful.

I'm not really against joint operations to train LE agencies really.
    I do not consent to government doing this. The two bodies should be separated by a brick wall and have nothing to do with each other. I don't want to be policed using techniques learned in Iraq. Sorry.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    You guys find it interesting that most of the people in this thread jumped to the "FEMA camp" line of thought, and all I could think of was Red Dawn? I do.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I do not consent to government doing this. The two bodies should be separated by a brick wall and have nothing to do with each other. I don't want to be policed using techniques learned in Iraq. Sorry.
    I understand your reasoning and I certainly don't buy into a LOT of what the government/media tells me. I do however believe that such cross training is relevant and purposeful should it ever be needed. The notion that the government can command troops (or LEO for that matter) into martial law and forceful disarming of citizens is indeed one that strikes a chord with most Americans. That said, I honestly can't say I've met or known a single recent vet or active duty member who's admitted to following such orders. LEO on the other hand, are what I worry more about. This leads back to your concern, but then they would have to be able to initiate such an effort on a large scale (nation wide) nearly simultaneously to accomplish anything. I think if not, it would easily fail and people would begin to stand up against it. :dunno:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You guys find it interesting that most of the people in this thread jumped to the "FEMA camp" line of thought, and all I could think of was Red Dawn? I do.

This brings us right back to the heart of the problem: The solution for each of these problems is the cause for the other.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I do not believe our military would turn on the people of this country even if commanded by the government. If the time ever comes I believe the majority of the police and the military will join the people...but Obama has the covered in the health care bill...he has already started his private army.
    The left has said it is not happening..but read between the lines at the Fact check .org...a left leaning website that suppose to find out the truth. They are vague about what Obama is actually planning.
    FactCheck.org : Obama’s “Private Army”

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I do not believe our military would turn on the people of this country even if commanded by the government. If the time ever comes I believe the majority of the police and the military will join the people...but Obama has the covered in the health care bill...he has already started his private army.
    The left has said it is not happening..but read between the lines at the Fact check .org...a left leaning website that suppose to find out the truth. They are vague about what Obama is actually planning.
    History says otherwise.

Bonus Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    I have seen the first 14 words of your post posted several times here on ingo and I have to shake my head every time.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How does a military train to defend against "domestic" enemies, if.....

....they can't train domestically?

CitizenX

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Tippecanoe
    All joking aside, I think we need to realize that I don't really think this is about zombies in the traditional sense, ( flesh eating resurrected from the dead ) but rather a possibly diseased or crazed horde that may be starving or contagious. They like to use the term "zombie" to create the suspension of belief so that citizens don't become to alarmed. In a sense, they are training on how they might have to kill you should you be one of them.

Ok... resume the joking.

CitizenX

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Tippecanoe
    Repetitive training of soldiers in a "citizen killing scenario" is what lessens their sensitivity to the idea to the point it almost seems natural. So never say never. In the military, for every task there is training... or is it brainwashing? I get confused sometimes...

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    It is my understanding that it is illegal for the military to police its people. This has been found unconstitutional after the fact when it has been tried in the past. The police and the FBI are the only ones that can make war on it's people by law. That is why they want the police to train with the military. So they will have a way of doing it with in the law.

The US military can not put up a road block and search cars and people. The police can.

Some people have talked about bad police officers and bad military personal. I got a flash for you. There are bad people in every thing. That is why we have checks. That is also why there is a wall between the military and the people and one between the police and the people.

It is stated that the common person couldn't understand what the police go through. The same is stated for the military. It is my feeling that they are people just like the rest of us and should answer to the same standers that they have for us.

It is hard for me to understand what goes through a persons mind that makes them think they are above the law.

That is just like the congressmen having top of the line care that we pay for. Yet they don't want us to have the same thing. Why? I know that they are not better than me. Hell they can't do half the stuff that I can. I have paid in to a fund that was promised to take care of me when I retired. Now they are saying to bad we spent it? How can they do that? They can only do what we let them get by with.

I am just a old man that is trying to get buy. I get stopped by a man with a rifle in the middle of the night it will depend on the mood I am in whether I will go to jail, the morgue or submit. The older I get submitting becomes harder and harder. I think it has to do with knowing what is right. Being told to do some thing by a person that has no right to tell it rubs you the wrong way.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    It is my understanding that it is illegal for the military to police its people. This has been found unconstitutional after the fact when it has been tried in the past. The police and the FBI are the only ones that can make war on it's people by law. That is why they want the police to train with the military. So they will have a way of doing it with in the law.

The US military can not put up a road block and search cars and people. The police can.

Some people have talked about bad police officers and bad military personal. I got a flash for you. There are bad people in every thing. That is why we have checks. That is also why there is a wall between the military and the people and one between the police and the people.

It is stated that the common person couldn't understand what the police go through. The same is stated for the military. It is my feeling that they are people just like the rest of us and should answer to the same standers that they have for us.

It is hard for me to understand what goes through a persons mind that makes them think they are above the law.

That is just like the congressmen having top of the line care that we pay for. Yet they don't want us to have the same thing. Why? I know that they are not better than me. Hell they can't do half the stuff that I can. I have paid in to a fund that was promised to take care of me when I retired. Now they are saying to bad we spent it? How can they do that? They can only do what we let them get by with.

I am just a old man that is trying to get buy. I get stopped by a man with a rifle in the middle of the night it will depend on the mood I am in whether I will go to jail, the morgue or submit. The older I get submitting becomes harder and harder. I think it has to do with knowing what is right. Being told to do some thing by a person that has no right to tell it rubs you the wrong way.
    Never heard of martial law?

Top Bottom