Typo? Or am I missing something.. 500 rnds .45 for $43.87?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Once again, the right/moral issue comes up.

There is nothing "wrong" with what he did (if he did) But things like this are a window into your soul. If this is true, and he wasn't joking. I lost respect for him. HE KNEW BETTER, and took advantage, like a snively, whinny little baby, he demanded, what anyone of a DECENT character would KNOW, is wrong. I do not have time for people like this in the world, it is people like this that have ruined it.

So NO... its not WRONG, but its immoral.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I figured the pricing was a mistake on their part and didn't bother trying to order any. That being said, there are a billion threads on INGO either whining about price gouging or proclaiming that supply/demand drives price so quit your whining. Why is it so wrong to expect a retailer to honor an advertised price? Mistake or not, it wasn't the buyer scheming to get a deal. He simply acted on what they advertised. I do not believe that the retailer is bound to honor their mistake, but it was the right call to do so. Retailers have had no problem raising prices, and people sure as hell haven't stopped paying higher prices. This time the buyer won.

I'm not whining. I'm having flashbacks to my college days working walmart and dealing with customers like that. It's not the taking a shot at buying the ammo that you know is mismarked I'm objecting to, or the seller selling it. It's the "I yelled at them for 20 minutes" and "I'll call back and raise more hell" crap that I'm objecting to. It's just ****ty. I know the type. They love catching someone who cannot tell them "go **** yourself" because it would cost them their job and berating that person.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I figured the pricing was a mistake on their part and didn't bother trying to order any. That being said, there are a billion threads on INGO either whining about price gouging or proclaiming that supply/demand drives price so quit your whining. Why is it so wrong to expect a retailer to honor an advertised price? Mistake or not, it wasn't the buyer scheming to get a deal. He simply acted on what they advertised. I do not believe that the retailer is bound to honor their mistake, but it was the right call to do so. Retailers have had no problem raising prices, and people sure as hell haven't stopped paying higher prices. This time the buyer won.

So, you took the high road and didn't try to rip off a legit supplier, but you support the guy that did. :rolleyes:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    If someone knows that the price is wrong and orders it anyway and then complains about it not being sold at the wrong price it is pretty much the same as theft. You knew it was wrong and ordered it anyway and then *****ed about not getting it at the wrong price. I would love to see some of you if the tables were turned and people treated you in the same manner in whatever business you may operate or be employed at. It amazes me how some of your moral compasses swing depending on who is getting the deal or who is being gouged. You should be ashamed of yourselves. :noway:

Mango

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    There are things called truth in advertising laws, and an advertised price is expected to be honored if the item is available. I don't believe there is a legal precidence for "backsies". The Internet has muddled things a bit, but who would really spend thousands if not more on an attorney when the benefit would be tens or hundreds of dollars? Negative publicity is the only deterrent.

Note: I did not order this nor am I commenting on the moral standards of the members here. I can see both sides and don't really care either way.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Is their a "truth in mistake" law? Have you ever built a website? Its so easy to do what they did there, and the person who made the mistake, most likely has NOTHING to do with the company, other than, they accepted money, to manage their website.

SO, the company should have to suffer because an html programmer screwed up?

Jesus.. What the hell has happened to this country.... Its WRONG, and if you dont feel that pang of immorality when you think of doing this very thing, you need to re-think your life.

Mango

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Is their a "truth in mistake" law? Have you ever built a website? Its so easy to do what they did there, and the person who made the mistake, most likely has NOTHING to do with the company, other than, they accepted money, to manage their website.

SO, the company should have to suffer because an html programmer screwed up?

Jesus.. What the hell has happened to this country.... Its WRONG, and if you dont feel that pang of immorality when you think of doing this very thing, you need to re-think your life.

Having been in the IT industry for the last 15 years, there's a reason you have dev, test, qa, and production environments. There are also content management systems and various levels of change control. Did someone make a major **** up? Yes. Could the proper policies and procedures have prevented this? Yes.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ....What the hell has happened to this country.... Its WRONG, and if you dont feel that pang of immorality when you think of doing this very thing, you need to re-think your life.

Agreed. If somone makes a mistake, our goal should not to be to make it as costly a mistake as possible. Is that how any of us would like to be treated when we make a mistake?

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    There are things called truth in advertising laws, and an advertised price is expected to be honored if the item is available.

I'm pretty sure any such laws don't require a company to honor an obviously mistaken product listing. That's not what they're for. What would a company hope to gain from shipping you a product, knowing for a fact that they're just going to have to turn around and process a return?

Seriously, are you even listening to yourself?

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Having been in the IT industry for the last 15 years, there's a reason you have dev, test, qa, and production environments. There are also content management systems and various levels of change control. Did someone make a major **** up? Yes. Could the proper policies and procedures have prevented this? Yes.

OK. Well, since your in the IT industry, tell me this... do you think a company you have contracted with, should have to eat the cost for YOUR screwup?

Mango

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm pretty sure any such laws don't require a company to honor an obviously mistaken product listing. That's not what they're for. What would a company hope to gain from shipping you a product, knowing for a fact that they're just going to have to turn around and process a return?

Seriously, are you even listening to yourself?

My argument would be bait and switch. This deal really was too good to be true, but let us get you in something a little more expensive.

Car dealers do this all the time. They advertise a car starting at $xx,xxx, but the difference is they actually produce a few cars with those options for that price. The other 99% of those cars have automatic transmissions, electric windows, and air con. That's how they get away from it.

The only defense for not honoring a posted online price from a storefront (ESP with an email order confirmation) would be security breech, or sold out.

And if this had been CTD or Dick's, most of you would be screaming for them to honor the order, and how it was karma, and it served them right.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Just got a call from ammo depot. He told that the ammo is not coming. They were doing some testing on their new webpage and it mistakenly went live. He was very nice and apologized several times. I didn't raise hell because I figured the price was too good to be true. Oh well better luck next time.

Yep, I just received a call from "Joe" stating the exact same thing. I didn't bother to argue since they never charged my CC.....oh well:cool:

got an e-mail a half hour ago . no ammo just a beta test

My argument would be bait and switch. This deal really was too good to be true, but let us get you in something a little more expensive.

Car dealers do this all the time. They advertise a car starting at $xx,xxx, but the difference is they actually produce a few cars with those options for that price. The other 99% of those cars have automatic transmissions, electric windows, and air con. That's how they get away from it.

The only defense for not honoring a posted online price from a storefront (ESP with an email order confirmation) would be security breech, or sold out.

And if this had been CTD or Dick's, most of you would be screaming for them to honor the order, and how it was karma, and it served them right.

Yeah.... looks like they were trying to get them into something more expensive.. by letting them cancel the order.

SIGnature45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    South Bend
    Sorry I started all this. Some people just don't get it. I saw a good deal so I jumped on it and let others know. I knew this was most likely a mistake, but just in case it wasn't I couldn't pass up trying. I got an email today and shortly after a phone call from the company. The guy was very polite and explained the mistake (tech guys testing a new website and didn't think it was actually active online). I laughed and told him I figured that was the case, but like I said here, I had to try. He understood and again apologized and asked if there was anything else he could do for me. I said no, and thank you for going above and beyond with a personal phone call. I would do business with a company like that again and probably will.

Here's what I don't understand. Why do people have to be "Alpha Hotels" to a company like that saying they have to honor the order and gonna get lawyers and blah blah... are you serious? Have you never, ever in your life made an error or a mistake? Do you have no sense of courtesy or kindness? This should have been a fun and happy thread and something exciting to follow but instead it turned into a ridiculous argument with some 4th grade drop outs who have no common sense.

Dear moderators, I don't know if this is a reasonable request, but I opened this thread and I request that you close it now (or lock it or whatever you call it) because it is no longer worth any more of this nonsense.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Typos don't fall under 'bait and switch' laws and the 'reasonable and prudent man' theory is, obviously, in play.

Would a reasonable and prudent person surmise the company was REALLY selling ammo at that price per / 500, when it's common knowledge even to anti-gunners, let alone gunners, that such a price would be ridiculously low?

The issue here is those who are not reasonable and prudent want to make something from nothing, LOL... :D

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    The idea that this is somehow bait and switch or false advertising is laughable.

This company is under no legal obligation to fulfill ANY orders, much less a clear price mistake.

The credit cards weren't even charged. No sale was made.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers

Any reasonable person can see this wasn't a case of bait and switch.

We can just agree to disagree, I guess. Personally, I don't demand compensation from everyone who makes a mistake - especially for those mistakes that have little to absolutely no impact on me.

You're projecting your own tendencies onto those around you. That would be an error on your part. Therefore, you clearly owe me free ammo. I'm a reasonable man, though, so anything in .9mm, .40 S&W or .45 ACP will be acceptable.

:rolleyes:

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Just got a call from ammo depot. He told that the ammo is not coming. They were doing some testing on their new webpage and it mistakenly went live. He was very nice and apologized several times. I didn't raise hell because I figured the price was too good to be true. Oh well better luck next time.
    Same here. Got the call last night and he explained it was a test page and I told him I knew it was too good to be true but had to give it a go just in case. I'll do business with them in the future.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Sorry I started all this. Some people just don't get it. I saw a good deal so I jumped on it and let others know. I knew this was most likely a mistake, but just in case it wasn't I couldn't pass up trying. I got an email today and shortly after a phone call from the company. The guy was very polite and explained the mistake (tech guys testing a new website and didn't think it was actually active online). I laughed and told him I figured that was the case, but like I said here, I had to try. He understood and again apologized and asked if there was anything else he could do for me. I said no, and thank you for going above and beyond with a personal phone call. I would do business with a company like that again and probably will.

I agree. I saw a deal, so I figured why not see what this is about. They never charged my account and it turned out to be a mistake, just like many of us figured, so no harm no foul the way I see it. They handled it rather well with the emails and phone calls. Unless they charged your account and sent you something you didn't order, I see no reason why there would be an issue.

Spucky138

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Quite a few judgmental people here.. I ordered the rounds just incase it was not a mistake. I did not want sit and watch as a bunch of people started receiving their 500 rnd cases and wish that I had acted when I could. I figured if it was a mistake I would be contacted by the company via email or phone call. I got my phone call last night from the company. They where extremely polite and explained the issue in detail. He didn't try to upsell me anything. I told him I was disappointed but figured it was too good to be true. I thanked him for calling me personally and told him I would keep his website in mind when I order ammo online. I don't feel like I was taken advantage of.

Top Bottom