• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    These are normal occurrences. People are just more sensitive right now, so the media is feeding the public's desire for information.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    These are normal occurrences. People are just more sensitive right now, so the media is feeding the public's desire for information.

Maybe, but perhaps because Christmas time is known for having the highest number of suicides, more people this year decided to take other lives along with their own, or officer assisted suicide?

Perhaps the bad economy is driving more lunatics to act out. It is scary to think how violent this world is becoming. Maybe people are thinking of the Mayan "prophecy" and freaking out, I don't know, but these seem like bad omens.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    Maybe, but perhaps because Christmas time is known for having the highest number of suicides, more people this year decided to take other lives along with their own, or officer assisted suicide?

Perhaps the bad economy is driving more lunatics to act out. It is scary to think how violent this world is becoming. Maybe people are thinking of the Mayan "prophecy" and freaking out, I don't know, but these seem like bad omens.

I doubt that lunatics consider economic conditions before they go on shooting sprees. Most mass shootings involve mental illness of some sort. Statistically, violent crime is actually down over the past few years. When a major shooting occurs, the news always highlights other shootings, despite the fact that the other shootings are completely unrelated. Sensationalism sells.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis

I asked to borrow my neighbor's ladder.
    He said he couldn't loan me his ladder because his dog was sick.
    I asked what his dog being sick had to do with loaning me his ladder.
    He said, "It really doesn't have anything to do with it, but if I don't want to loan you my ladder, one reason is as good as another."

The season, the economy, and the prophecies don't really have anything to do with being crazy, but if you want a reason to do crazy stuff, one is as good as another.:oldwise:

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i entirely agree. violence within humans is entirely normal.
    this entire nation is a powderkeg of repressed emotions, just the most minor slight lights the fuse.

if we spent more time expressing ourselves rather than repressing, or being oppressed, we might be a bit better off.
    pussification of the nation.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

Say what? It has always been a big, scary world out there. There has ALWAYS been violence. :poop: happens, people freak a bit then move on and put it out of their minds.

Customsafeguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Cleburne Tx
    I don't know if it's the season or what than the media goes crazy with it. There's people out there on edge and some time I think it puts them over the edge sometimes.

Top Bottom