• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    ....pursue a bad guy and shoot him dead? Only the 1st perp was holding a shot-gun. (We know only what the news had reported, no sheriff statement) Don't misconstrue -- I'd probably done the same, but I really hope the 2d guy wasn't back-shot. Pat

The definitive answer is...it depends...

This was discussed in another recent thread:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/52046-can_you_kill_him.html

Not exactly the same scenario but close.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Here in IL, there was the family of 5 murdered (one child survived - is in the hospital), then another small town - arson - several vehicles, and then this in Indianola. So far.

Yep! It's hitting smaller towns more.

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    ".....ENTERED WITH A SHOT-GUN AND A ROPE..."`

Obvious bad intent. Occupant acted foolishly off the bat. But what about this similar scenario -- you know it will happen to you someday, else why CW? : Suppose you are getting a Pepsi from the cooler, and 3 bgs with hoodies, guns and duct-tape enter with a bang -- literally, drive the employees to the floor behind the counter and tape them up. Then they begin to round up and tape customers. Question: when do you expose, draw and kill? Duct-tape is the lethal-intnt here, I'd say, and as soon as I could I'd shoot hoodies, because everyone else is on the floor. Shoot the hoodie with the tape last, hoodie with gun first. Can hardly miss. Banks in this county are prohibiting HOODIES, SUN-GLASSES and CAPS in their banks now. It's getting more and more and real. Again, QUESTION: WHEN WOULD YOU SHOOT?

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Past news reports would give one "cause" to shoot as well. More and more, we hear about the victims being killed during or after a crime. Helpless people killed just for the "fun" of it? Why kill someone who can't harm you? (Being tied [taped] up tends to reduce those chances.)

Used to be that the victim(s) was tied up/locked in a closet - whatever, and left alive. Don't hear about that anymore. But we do hear about the victims being murdered.

I wouldn't want to take the chance that I "might" be left alive. I want to try to make sure that I would live - even if I have to shoot the bg!

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Just heard on the scanner - - -

Dispatch sent officer to Indianola to check out a man, carrying a coffee can asking for donations for the Taylor family! :xmad:

Some people are just SO low!!! I hope they catch him and use everything in the book against him! :xmad::xmad:

Professor Thump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Indy
    As far as I am concerned they were all in the vic's house. The vic was already threatened with a gun and strangled. The rope show premeditation as well as the gun. The vic saved the county taxpayers a lot of money by killing both of BG's.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Hmm, and the Liberal pigs want our guns and to call the police if this happens. I wonder what a Liberal would do if confronted by home invaders?
    Maybe I'll call Andre Carson and ask him.

Well...I guess I'd shoot him to the ground if that was necessary. Thanks for asking!

Just FYI, it's not only "liberal pigs" who want our guns, there are plenty of cons who would like them. There are a lot of liberal gun owners who wouldn't look too kindly on gun-bans either.

Anti-gunners come in many different flavors. So do the pro-gun side of things. You probably ought to think about that before you start alienating potential allies by calling them names.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Well...I guess I'd shoot him to the ground if that was necessary. Thanks for asking!

Just FYI, it's not only "liberal pigs" who want our guns, there are plenty of cons who would like them. There are a lot of liberal gun owners who wouldn't look too kindly on gun-bans either.

Anti-gunners come in many different flavors. So do the pro-gun side of things. You probably ought to think about that before you start alienating potential allies by calling them names.

+1, repped, etc.
    I'm a moderate and I'm pro-gun for law abiding citezens. I'm anti-gun for cons and crimminals. I know several "pro gun" , "liberal pigs". There is a spectrum on the liberal side and more than you think are pro 2A.
    Although I'm sure they're shouted down when amongst themselves:ingo:

SigSense

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    Glad this turned out positive for the former Sheriff, but I have to ask also...what was he doing answering the door like that? Last week I was happily asleep and thought I heard my doorbell. It was around midnight. Pitch dark, so my first action is to get dressed and arm-up. Door bell rings again, so now I have confirmation of my half-asleep warning. Cautiously walk the hallway and listen/scan. Proceed with extreme vigilance to the room adjacent to the front door (which provides an overlook of the porch). I have turned on NO lights, providing myself with concealment. I see the next-door male teen and a female standing on my porch. Determine that I know him, but still open the door with caution. He advises that his girlfriend's dog has entered my back yard through a small hole in the back acre fence and asks permission to get said dog. Female is non-threatening and stands back. He explains that he KNOWs I am military and aware of the implications of entering my property without permission! I laughed and allowed them to secure their pet.

It's called situational awareness for a reason....

Top Bottom