• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I think at least where I live that the population ratio is already so out of whack that this isn't a good idea. However, I am sure they know more than I do. I personally wouldn't care. I only shoot a buck if it's huge/bigger than one I've shot before. Otherwise I am picking out the tender/tasty looking doe for some good meat!

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Nope. These liberal bag limits that we've had on antlerless deer the last few years is why the hunting was so sporadic this past season, however, we should revisit this option just as soon as we have way too many trophy bucks running around the woods.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I'm still a proponent of a limited draw for 2 bucks. I think it would encourage some hunters to take mature small rack bucks in heavily populated areas early season before the breeding starts. Just my opinion and I'm usually wrong.:):

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's about time!

1-2? years after I laid out a pretty major (for me) investment in a lifetime comprehensive license, they stole one buck a year from me. I have never been happy with that.

I think we've taken way too long to prove that the one buck rule "for bigger racks" is baloney.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    2 Buck Limit means in 2 years after its passed, everyone will have a chance to take a 150 pound trophy 6 pt and a monster spike if their lucky!!
    No Thanks!!

They are talking about no more than 100 tags and if a person is lucky in a one week season the first week of January only they might kills a buck.. IF (and that is a big IF) every lottery tag winner killed a buck it would be ONE buck per county. Yeah, the buck herd would be devastated to a point of no return... ;)

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    An aging deer hunter populace that is getting more selective in what they will shoot is what I say is the prime factor in seeing more and larger bucks..

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    They are talking about no more than 100 tags and if a person is lucky in a one week season the first week of January only they might kills a buck.. IF (and that is a big IF) every lottery tag winner killed a buck it would be ONE buck per county. Yeah, the buck herd would be devastated to a point of no return... ;)
    By this logic, I say bad idea. Just another way for the state to make more money. For 1 buck per county for one week, stoopid

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Yes, it is supposed to me a money maker... They might sell a 100 but they won't get any of my money. A one week season the first week in January? No thanks..

The wording says that the DNR "MAY"'do this. My guess is they won't...

Top Bottom