• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have a 32" Vizio that's a couple years older than that one out on our deck and love it. I have a friend that used to work for Ovation (electronics) and he claimed Vizio just made "throwaway" tv's, but then again his livelihood depended on him selling the high end stuff so I considered the source.

devious169

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Earth and you?
    I have one in the bedroom and one in the kids room. My only complaint would be the remote. You have to have it directly aimed at the sensor and mash the hell out of the buttons.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I just bought the 48" version of that TV. Seems to be pretty go so far. My last Vizio lasted 6 years before I replaced it with the 48. It still works fine, just wanted bigger.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    We have 3 larger vizios throughout the house, aside from them taking a long time to boot up and come on, they've served us well for two and a half years (knock on wood).

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I have a vizio 32" (not sure if same model) we bought for the family room (ie video games/kids) a few years back. it's ok, but the bass is really crunchy. I thought it was the cheap computer speakers surround sound we used at the time.

But since, our sony 50" crapped out, and we relocated it into the living room, using a better sound system, and the bass is still crunchy. not sure how else to describe it. it's clearly the tv. Crackles/distorts in low tones a bit. Explosions and such are no big deal. Lord vader's voice box is. at least to me.

Because you know it's all about the bass...

Picture is just fine.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Check out the Vizio law suit for not being able to repair them. I went to buy one about 6 weeks ago and I heard the salesmen talking about the legal actions against them and WalMart.
    Second hand info from a salesperson but they're put together with "seconds" parts and they can be a problem.
    Make sure you get a replacement warranty on it.
    I ended up with a Samsung 3D at a great price.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    VIZIO 32" Class 31.5" Diag. LED 1080p Smart HDTV Black E32-C1 - Best Buy

Wife's been wanting a TV in the bedroom she can watch while on the treadmill. Birthday is coming up, sooo...

32" seems big enough to watch from 8' away with no issues, and she'll be watching HULU so the built in Smart TV thing seems worth it.
    I had a VIZIO and was not overly impressed with it. Currently have 4 Samsung sets with ROKU boxes added to them, but if I was buying a new set I'd probably buy an integrated ROKU TV instead.

I'd recommend you take a look at the ROKU enabled TV sets with ROKU streaming built in, HULU is one of the hundreds of ROKU channels.

I have some SMART hub devices and bypass them because the ROKU interface is cleaner and more user friendly.

There are several manufacturers that make integrated ROKU sets, and one of the tech magazines says that the ROKU TV sets are the first Smart TVs that are worth owning.

LINK => https://www.roku.com/roku-tv

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I had a VIZIO and was not overly impressed with it. Currently have 4 Samsung sets with ROKU boxes added to them, but if I was buying a new set I'd probably buy an integrated ROKU TV instead.

I'd recommend you take a look at the ROKU enabled TV sets with ROKU streaming built in, HULU is one of the hundreds of ROKU channels.

I have some SMART hub devices and bypass them because the ROKU interface is cleaner and more user friendly.

There are several manufacturers that make integrated ROKU sets, and one of the tech magazines says that the ROKU TV sets are the first Smart TVs that are worth owning.

LINK => https://www.roku.com/roku-tv

We use a Roku box in the living room. I didn't realize there were sets with it built in. I also though "smart" just meant it was already internet enabled, not it's own operating system. I'm terrible with tech.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I'm no guru. I had a phone with an answering machine built in. Until the answering machine broke. Since then I've not been a fan of built in multi use things.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Another +1 for that brand. I have one, and a buddy also has one. Each is over 5 years old.

They are no Sony, but for the money they are a great deal. Good picture, decent sound.

The only complaints I have heard are from those that expect too much out of an inexpensive TV.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm no guru. I had a phone with an answering machine built in. Until the answering machine broke. Since then I've not been a fan of built in multi use things.

I think you may confusing hardware with software.

A Smart Hub or Smart TV or a Roku TV is just a device with added software, just like an Amazon Fire stick or a Google Chrome TV stick is just a flashdrive containing software that plugs into the USB port on your TV. But the various 'smart' devices have them integrated into the operating system of the device. That is what makes the ROKU TV so attractive. ROKU has consistently been considered to have the best interface of all the various devices.

But the answering machine integrated into the phone is hardware (and software) added to hardware.

We use a Roku box in the living room. I didn't realize there were sets with it built in. I also though "smart" just meant it was already internet enabled, not it's own operating system. I'm terrible with tech.

Smart sets are internet enabled, but most also have YouTube, Pandora, Hulu, and some other very limited functions/channels added.

ROKU TV sets are a different form of Smart TV, instead of having the limited standards of most smart TV sets, they have the full ROKU software added.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I think you may confusing hardware with software.

A Smart Hub or Smart TV or a Roku TV is just a device with added software, just like an Amazon Fire stick or a Google Chrome TV stick is just a flashdrive containing software that plugs into the USB port on your TV. But the various 'smart' devices have them integrated into the operating system of the device. That is what makes the ROKU TV so attractive. ROKU has consistently been considered to have the best interface of all the various devices.

But the answering machine integrated into the phone is hardware (and software) added to hardware.

Smart sets are internet enabled, but most also have YouTube, Pandora, Hulu, and some other very limited functions/channels added.

ROKU TV sets are a different form of Smart TV, instead of having the limited standards of most smart TV sets, they have the full ROKU software added.

Good to know. I gather some sort of linux stuff, much like our streaming tv service. Albeit, if it's not perfect, it is fixable, which is a huge improvement over my analogy. So I retract my comment given this newfound knowledge.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Vizio's are good to go for TV viewing. Blu rays, you may get motion artifacting because of the refresh rate. I use a monitor for gaming with a 2ms response time. No games on the TV. I went with Sony because I got it for a great deal. had I not, I would've gotten a Vizio. (I got a sony without apps for the same price of a vizio WITH apps, I use the PC for streaming and such)

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    We have about a 5-6 year old Vizio in our living room. I think it's a 46" model - not sure. We got it "on sale" as a floor demo from Sears. It's worked like a champ since Day One. Funny thing is we can now get a larger TV with more features for less money than we paid for the one we have. Economies of scale are pretty neat.

Another note: If, by chance, you're also in the market for another computer, BBI, Dell is currently running a special right now where if you buy a computer for $699 or higher, you'll get a "free" 32" LCD TV (retail at @ $250).

That may or may not be worth it.

Any more, your lower cost makes/models of TVs are somewhat to be thought of as disposable devices. If you can get 5-6 years out of a sub $500 TV - then great. I expect mine to last another 5-6 years, however, due to it's limited use.

Top Bottom