• ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Hey fellows, been out for a while. I had a tumor removed that cause super hard shaking of my left leg. I spent 4 days in the Southaven, MS hospital waiting for the doctor to get the fastest Memphis hospital for removal. If I stayed there it would be 6 to 8 weeks before the transfer. 10 to 12 weeks if I went home. Released from hospital, went to his office in Memphis 2 days later to stabile TN doctor patient relationship. Announced removal was at another hospital in 6 days. Plans were 1 day surgery, 2 days ICU, 2 days stepdown ICU. Prep, surgery and recovery went fine. Then to a hell hole of an ICU room at 4:20 pm. Across from nurses' station I didn't get any rest that night. Nurses' shift change at 7 am and doctor was there. Want to go home? Yes. Eat your breakfast and I'll get the release papers started. I gagged getting some of it down. Asked for hot tea with honey with breakfast. Hot tea delivered without honey. An hour later honey was delivered and a new cup of hot tea. They tried to fool me by microwaving the first cup. My youngest son with my 2 youngest granddaughters were there at 8:45 with the bag I packed for the 4 days. Lots of tea bags and honey. Enjoyed my second cup. Being released they carried the bag back home. At 11 am the nurse brought a tray in and a 4 paper blood work report. This pill is for this, this shot is for that kinda thing. At 12:30 my daughter got there, did all the outside of room running around like getting my new drugs. At 1:45 I was sitting in her car and headed home. The 12 miles trip wore me thin and I took a pain pill and had a 4 hour nap.
    I'm left with a few restrictions. No steps or ramps. No tilting of head to look up or down. No waves so the fishing is out. No impact so the range is out. No driving until doctor's release. Might be 6 to 8 months. Some side effects. With the void in my head I get a double echo. Speak slowly so I can understand what you say. My wife speaks fast. Ask her to speak slower and/or repeat gets her mad. 4 days until I get back to my desk and computer, I hear a perfectly timed tic. I searched everywhere I could. Checking my blood pressure, I see that the tic matches my heartbeat. Yep, that void again. Good thing both come and go for now.
    Praise God that you are able to tell us all about it. Prying for a peaceful complete recovery.

Top Bottom