• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canebreaker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    Hey fellows, been out for a while. I had a tumor removed that cause super hard shaking of my left leg. I spent 4 days in the Southaven, MS hospital waiting for the doctor to get the fastest Memphis hospital for removal. If I stayed there it would be 6 to 8 weeks before the transfer. 10 to 12 weeks if I went home. Released from hospital, went to his office in Memphis 2 days later to stabile TN doctor patient relationship. Announced removal was at another hospital in 6 days. Plans were 1 day surgery, 2 days ICU, 2 days stepdown ICU. Prep, surgery and recovery went fine. Then to a hell hole of an ICU room at 4:20 pm. Across from nurses' station I didn't get any rest that night. Nurses' shift change at 7 am and doctor was there. Want to go home? Yes. Eat your breakfast and I'll get the release papers started. I gagged getting some of it down. Asked for hot tea with honey with breakfast. Hot tea delivered without honey. An hour later honey was delivered and a new cup of hot tea. They tried to fool me by microwaving the first cup. My youngest son with my 2 youngest granddaughters were there at 8:45 with the bag I packed for the 4 days. Lots of tea bags and honey. Enjoyed my second cup. Being released they carried the bag back home. At 11 am the nurse brought a tray in and a 4 paper blood work report. This pill is for this, this shot is for that kinda thing. At 12:30 my daughter got there, did all the outside of room running around like getting my new drugs. At 1:45 I was sitting in her car and headed home. The 12 miles trip wore me thin and I took a pain pill and had a 4 hour nap.
    I'm left with a few restrictions. No steps or ramps. No tilting of head to look up or down. No waves so the fishing is out. No impact so the range is out. No driving until doctor's release. Might be 6 to 8 months. Some side effects. With the void in my head I get a double echo. Speak slowly so I can understand what you say. My wife speaks fast. Ask her to speak slower and/or repeat gets her mad. 4 days until I get back to my desk and computer, I hear a perfectly timed tic. I searched everywhere I could. Checking my blood pressure, I see that the tic matches my heartbeat. Yep, that void again. Good thing both come and go for now.

canebreaker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    My daughter carried me to the clinic Friday and had stitches removed. We asked a lot of questions and few the nurse could answer. She asked questions and I had no problem answering.
    I had my daughter swing out of the way for a stop at Jack Pirtle's Chicken for a liver dinner. Only place around here that sells them except gas stations and they are tough right out of the frier. I worked Maintenace at their 12 stores and warehouse for 2 1/2 years in the mid 80's while searching for a better paying job. The cashier and I talked for a while. I better check on your food. The bag was heavy with our orders. I opened the box to find it was packed with livers, an extra container of gravy, 4 biscuits instead of 2, small pack of fries plus extras piled on top. I had 4 halves dipped in gravy, oh so good, on the way home with a sip of tea every now and then. I felt my acid reflex building so I stopped. She stopped at the end of the driveway and the stomach acid, mucus, and spit started rolling out, no vomiting. I filled 6 napkins before I could talk again. 6 more times between the car and door. 8 more times in the bathroom. My daughter followed me in to talk with mom about me and the visit. My throat was raw and that was my 4 pm dinner.
    Tuesday is my visit to see the doctor, hope the NP can be there so I can ask about the acid reflex med I'm on now. I don't think it's suited to me. Try another.
    More about Jack Pirtle's in another thread later.

canebreaker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    Yesterday's visit was good and not so good. No restrictions were lifted, do what you can while you can. He's great, doesn't leave space for questions. Tumors are caused by cancer, by the MRI's my chest is cancer free, though I've smoked for years. Radiosurgery, Gamma Knife is set for 8/21/2014. He's setting a visit to West Clinic in Southaven, MS near me for Kemo. Setting up a visit with a GI doctor to see if my stomach problems, lower GI are related to the cancer.

Top Bottom