• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I bought the last bottle I picked up for a little over eleven bucks at either an Auto Zone or NAPA. Can't remember which... The comparative at WalMart is in a yellow bottle called Scratch Out and it's about eight bucks and change (last I looked...it's been awhile. That stuff lasts forever).

How much do you use and how often?

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Okay, some of you are talking about Fitz and others are talking about Flitz. Which is it? Both? I do not make enough money to use Flitz in my tumbler. IMO it is a rather pricey polish that I use sparingly on stainless steel firearms and when I am polishing mating surfaces during trigger jobs, etc. My last tube lasted me about 15 years. I have hardly put a crease in my current tube which I have owned for going on three years.

For the tumbler I use NU-Finish. Cheap, readily available and does the job. After all, I'm just going to take them to the range and shoot them again.:) None of my reloads have made it to a display case...yet.:)

This: Flitz Brass Case Polish

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Turtle wax brand liquid polish works fine also. You can find it on sale at discount stores. I like the Dillon tumbler polish but I think the Frankfort Arsenal brand stuff from Midway gives the best bang for the buck when you buy the biggest (Quart) size bottle when it is on sale.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    One capful with each new load? WOW, IMO you're using way to much, a capful should last for at least 4/5 or even more tumble loads.

Honestly, I've never even thought to not throw a capful in there. I'll try it next go around. Seems like good advice. Thanks.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Thanks for the clarification!

I am finishing a bottle of this right now. That was what I originally bought when I started reloading. Nu Finish is $5.00 less so that is why I switched.
    Really? I use so little of the liquid Flitz, that I really can't consider it a major expense. This really isn't brain surgery, though. Anything that works will do the job.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I have had a bottle of nu finish for 10 years. Sounds like i will be using it on my reloading more than my cars!!!! (when I get my reloading setup that is)

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    It may be a little different formula than the regular liquid Flitz, but the regular liquid Flitz contains no ammonia and can be used on just about any metal and even blued steel guns. I use walnut media. I used to use corn cob, but walnut cleans a little quicker for me. The corn cob puts a higher polish on the brass, though. I change out my walnut media when it doesn't clean well any longer.

Ok, just a thought. Can you mix half corn cobs with half walnuts to get the best of both worlds? Speed and shine? Also how much media does everyone put in their tumbler?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Ok, just a thought. Can you mix half corn cobs with half walnuts to get the best of both worlds? Speed and shine? Also how much media does everyone put in their tumbler?
    After I put in my brass I fill the drum to about 1/2 to 3/4 full. I use a Lortone rotary tumbler. When it starts turning, the media gets inside the cases, so the level is somewhat lower. The fewer cases I put in, the quicker they get clean.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Really? I use so little of the liquid Flitz, that I really can't consider it a major expense. This really isn't brain surgery, though. Anything that works will do the job.

I thought people were talking about the paste version. The little silver tube of Flitz. I actually have bottle of the liquid Flitz Tumbler polish.

Still, I will switch to Nu-Finish when it's empty.

Top Bottom