• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Tulsa?s Killer Cop Was Sheriff?s Sugar Daddy - The Daily Beast
    Bates could serve up to four years in prison for the manslaughter charge. And it’s not his only legal dilemma.
    He is being sued in federal court for refusing to “vacate the premises” after selling his company, Robert C. Bates L.L.C., for tens of millions of dollars in 1999.
    The new owner claims that when Bates finally left, he made off with “hundreds of files,” court records show.
    Roger Crow, a fellow reserve deputy since 1982, told The Daily Beast that he sees Bates at monthly meetings and at the city’s annual fair.
    He said the department warns reservists about drawing the wrong weapon in training videos.
    “It’s a tragedy,” he said. “We’ve all gone through the training, but when it comes to what they call ‘the slip,’ when you think you’re harnessing your weapon—it happens. Even through the academy ... you think you’re pulling your weapon but you’re pulling out the Taser, unfortunately.”

gamer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    I'm not too concerned with the age as long as he can still adequately perform the job. I know of no mandatory retirement ago.
    Well if he is accidentally shooting his gun causing a fatality I'd say his ability to adequately preform the job is in question.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, in Indiana, there is basically a mandatory retirement age for regularly commissioned officers. I believe it is 70 years old, and - this may sound strange - I think it is imposed by the retirement system. At least, I think that's the magic number for chiefs. It might be less for "regular" officers.

For reserve officers, I'm not sure what the rules are for that.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    To All,

This story looks like it is going to get REALLY UGLY really fast!

Alleged lies about him from the sheriff's department.

Link: Report: Tulsa reserve officer's training record - CNN.com

It is better to admit stupidity than to try to cover it up. Now the media is going to rightfully dig deep to find more dirt, as they should.

Regards,

Doug

Note supervisors who refused to forge training records were reassigned. People wonder why we want merit protection.

Top Bottom