• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WillyUSMC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    I have shot it in 9mm, 40s&w, and 223 with no problems..... I'm almost disappointed that no one has said something about "Russian crap" and "steel cased sucks" and so forth. Works great for range, and quite a bit easier on the wallet.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Shot close to 500 rounds of .223 through my Saiga. 1 FTF. Ihave had some jams with the hollow pooints, but I think it is a mag issue that I am working on.

I have shot 40 rounds of .40 through a Glock. I have shot 150 rounds of 9mm through my M&P.

It is cheap, and the paper does not care what you hit it with!

Big House

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    i fired 200 rounds through my beretta 92 with no malfunctions but i will never use this ammo again. i will gladly spend the extra dollar to keep my guns cleaner. this stuff is very dirty.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Silver bear makes 9x18, it's a zinc coated case and you can even get JHPs.
    All of the Tula, silver bear, and wolf ran fine for me.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I've not had any problems with several thousand rounds of .223 and 7.62x39.
    I bought a ton of it when Centerfire Systems had it for....I think 180-something per thousand. Not sure now what the price was.
    It's kinda weak, but works well for general plinking and practice.
    I have zero experiance with their handgun ammo but I'm willing to give it a try. Sometimes I shoot at places where I lose alot of my brass. With steel cases/no worry.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I've had multiple 9mm tula rounds fail to fire after a solid primer strike. Never had that happen with any other brand. I mostly use WWB or Federal from Walmart for range ammo.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    BTW at $9 a box for 9mm, $13 a box for .40 and $5 a box for .223 at Walmart. You cannot hardly beat that online unless you buy in bulk and the shipping is dirt cheap.

I will shoot the crap out of it at that price. When I get better and can afford to be pickier with my ammo, (and can actually tell a difference) I will do so.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have used their 7.63x39, .223, 9mm., and .40s&w ammo with no issues and I have shot ALOT of it. For me it is cheap and it works.

Hk91_son

Plinker
    Rating - 97.9%
    46   1   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Richmond
    I have used about every caliber of it and only problem I saw was with the 9mm in a M&P fullsize, stove pipes and failure to eject or cycle. Great for practice nonetheless.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    I used some tula when I had my sig p250 40s&w, about every other round was fte, got stuck in the chamber, I had to use my leatherman to pry it out. My friends m&p had issues with it as well, but not as many. I had many problems with my p250 and tula, needless to say, I don't use either any more. But that was my experience, your mileage may vary...

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    I've bought and shot around 1000 rounds of 9mm and I've only had 1 problem with failure to feed.....and I think it was because of a crappy cheap magazine and not because of the ammo.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    For those that have experienced the fte problem, I wonder if it could be due to the lacquer coating that I understand is on the casings? I have had okay luck with it in 7.62x39 and I have 5 boxes of .223 that I haven't tried yet.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The other day I tried to run some of their "Hunting Cartridges" in my SAR-3 (.223). I had numerous fail to ejects and when I put my finger on the round that was halfway out of the breech, it was ice cold. I had many that just barely cleared the rifle and when I picked them up, they too were ice cold. The ones that got flung the proper distance for an AK, I was able to walk over to, and when picking up, they were still blazing hot like they should be.

Absolutely no consistency in the batch I have. Very disappointed.

As for the coating, I have found that the polymer coated ones that do heat up properly (as in loaded right) will slowly glue themselves into the breech as the polymer melts and then acts like a glue. I have never had any problems with the old lacquer cased ammo and now wish I could find some. I would rather put up with the mess they left and have a consistent load then have ammo that glues itself in your rifle causing it to become a hammer.

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    Out of 700 rounds of 9mm Tula, I have had one fail to fire. It fired on the second strike. No jams of any kind. For cheap range fodder, it works ok, at least in my Glock 17.

It's not match grade or self defense ammo. Just accept that it's just cheap practice ammo. :twocents:

Top Bottom