• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • watkins1988

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Indy
    has anyone had problems with this ammo? i bought two boxes of 9mm at walmart a while back cause the price was good. i didnt even know it was steel cased. but i figured since i got it i would shoot it. about the 15th round out of the first box the case didnt even eject from the gun and there was very little recoil if any at all. the bullet made it out of the barrel but didnt have enough power to eject i guess.

another question is that it seems to be about the only ammo i can find in fmj 9x18. but i cant trust it.

Do you guys think that one round was a one in a million thing or does it say something about tulammo in general?

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I've never had a problem with their ammo. I've shot many boxes of .223, 7.62X39, .45ACP, and 9mm. Other than being dirty it's always fired just fine for me. I'd have to say it was that one round.

As far as trusting it goes... I wouldn't trust your life to it but for plinking I think it does the job pretty well.

watkins1988

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Indy
    thanks thats good to hear. i went to the range the other day and shot some 9x18 with no problems. but i was still kinda worried about a squib

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I have also shot alot of this ammo out of my AK47. Never had a cycle problem or malfunction. Well worth it for target shooting.

Jerrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    Brownsburg
    They jam my glock 19 every once in a while. They are crap in my AR15. I'll never buy them again. And they stink!!!!

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    YES MAY I ADD... with frustration. Just returned from the range, gun is still warm. Shot .380 in a S&W bodyguard today with 100 rounds of Tulammo. With 25 rounds FTF, I was at ready to throw the second box away. All 25 FTF, fired on second attempt. I continued to shoot this crap for one reason. Practice. Practice with dealing with FTF.

Ammo fires dirty, looks like a few extra minutes cleaning tonight. Laser glass is completely filmed over. Ramp and barrel is fowled, similar to other cheap ammo.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I've shot about 2 boxes of .380. I've had a couple double feeds, a couple FTF, and a couple stove pipes. Throw winchester back in and all is well. I chaulk it up to- you get what you pay for. For range time i guess its ok if you can over look a few nuesance rounds every now and again!

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Had several failure to fires with the 7.62x39. Something like 7 out of a hundred. Way too many problems in my opinion. That rifle had 0 malfunctions with several other types of ammo.

Won't buy it again. Plenty of other cheap options.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Ive shot 3 boxes of the .40, had a lot of striker fails. Never again. I will pay the little extra more for something I know is going to work. And its dirty!

-MColford

watkins1988

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Indy
    all i use it for is practice and at least once everytime i go to the range i do a mag dump or two:ar15:

im just worried about a squib. dont think ill be buying anymore in 9x19 but like i said ive had trouble finding anything but tulammo in 9x18 fmj

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Its strictly practice for me. Too cheap to turn down. I have put probably 500 rounds of 380 with only a couple FTF. They always fire on the second try. Never had a problem with the .45 but a few misfeeds but its usually my magazine. The .223 is perfect. No misfires, no feed issues. Not going to carry it, but will use it for practice!

Chiefpilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Marion
    I shot several boxes of 9's and many boxes of 223 with no problems. Is dirty. good range ammo. Always good to practice FTF drills too.

justjoe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    gun counter at walmart
    have shot 9mm, 40 and 223 with 0 problems. Agree with the dirty but have noticed that the last few boxes were some better, maybe they improved since Federal bought them out.

Top Bottom