• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrimsonRayne

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    I have a buddy who is incredibly obsessed with buying one, but he wants to shoot it first. Anybody know of a place in the state he could rent and shoot one?

We're located Mooresville area, but would be willing to drive.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I really like it myself but just came across some info that the ammo is rather hard to find right now also expensive, FN itself put out a bulletin saying that they are working with some manufacturers to get more ammo in the usa market asap so I would hold off till more ammo is available.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I really like it myself but just came across some info that the ammo is rather hard to find right now also expensive, FN itself put out a bulletin saying that they are working with some manufacturers to get more ammo in the usa market asap so I would hold off till more ammo is available.
    I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I call BS! Not on you but on FN

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    As a less expensive compromise you might want to check out the Kel-Tec PMR30. It's chambered for 22 magnum, which has close to the performance of the 5.7 but is far cheaper and much easier to find.

Kel Tec CNC

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    By the time KEL TEC makes them again and they fill the orders they already have for the pmr30 the ammo shortage will be over. The FN five seven is a wonderfull gun. It is short on a long list of want to buy myself.

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    I'd let you put some rounds through mine if you bring the ammo and catch me at a day that I am at ECPR.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    As a less expensive compromise you might want to check out the Kel-Tec PMR30. It's chambered for 22 magnum, which has close to the performance of the 5.7 but is far cheaper and much easier to find.

Kel Tec CNC

IF this looked more like M&P and less like Lego's, they would be hard to find like FN.

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks

Kel Tec CNC

You forgot to mention that PMR30's are harder to find than 5.7 ammo. 5.7 ammo is available, you just have to look for it as not everyone carries it. My LGS has had it on the shelves for several months. It is also hardly fair to compare 22 magnum velocities out of a rifle to 5.7 velocities out of a pistol as a measure of performance. Reloading the 5.7 makes it always available (assuming you have the brass) and costs me $7.52 per box of 50, try finding 22 magnum for less than that.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Nice video, unfortunately I would have rather heard the person pointing to the phone book doing some talking instead of some music that tells me nothing.

CrimsonRayne, I have an FNH Five-seveN as well as their PS-90 and would be happy to let your friend shoot mine if you can find a place close enough for us to get together and shoot it. As you can see, I am in Westfield, and would be willing to meet you somewhere near.

Top Bottom