• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Are there any gun shops that have try before you buy? I've bought a couple pistols and they're ok. Bought them off gunbroker but I had bot shot them before. I'm more comfortable now since my wife and I did a couples shooting league this summer but I'd like to be able to try before I buy one. Not sure what exactly I'm looking for. Would like a nice smaller cc gun. My hk USp compact 40 is a little big for me. I'm 5'10" 160. My p7 doesn't carry enough rounds. So I'm kinda In the market for something a little different.

Thanks Ryan.

Aggar, I am exactly your size (5'!0"/160) and my first CCW was the G26. I use a Galco Summer Comfort IWB and a Blackhawk Serpa. Both work great, but I found the G26 too heavy and cumbersome for summer CC. It is great in the Blackhawk for OC, but I just did not like the way either fits CC.

I purchased a Taurus 709 Slim, with a Tuckable, from an :ingo: member. After I had it serviced by Taurus under their lifetime warranty, it has performed flawlessly (threads reporting the entire episode and range reports are posted). It gives me 7+1, which is adequate for me, and is just as accurate as the G26. When you test fire your alternatives, include the 709. It is smaller than the 26, and its firing axis is higher, but it is easier to conceal, easy to shoot and as accurate for me (a very new shooter) as the 26.

This combination works very well for me, summer and winter. After reading this thread, I think I will try a Crossbreed Tuckable for the G26, as I am not satisfied with the Galco for CC with teh G26.

I just offer this to help you think through things. :ingo: has been a great help to me and I appreciate a chance to offer the same assistance to others.

Top Bottom