Trusts, New Exec Orders, and Urgency/Deadlines?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Could someone please link me to an explanation, or help me understand what the fuss is all about? I've never purchased an NFA Item, nor have I formed a trust yet. I know, the habit/hobby can grow to unplanned places, but I'm just currently interested in cans for rimfire and centerfire out to 308... Thanks.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    In July, the new changes take effect. If your form 1/4 isn't already being processed, then you must do everything for trustees that you had to do for an individual before (fingerprints, passport photo). No more CLEO signoff, but CLEO must be notified, whatever that means.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    It depends. Are you planning on getting anything before July 13th? Are you willing to put up with the additional hassle after July 13th?

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Even though I have a Trust after the new BS takes affect I can apply on my own and not with the Trust. Having a Trust now gives me the advantage of both worlds.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    To be clear, the only real additional hassle that will exist for trust holders after 41F goes into affect is that IF you have multiple controlling trustees on your trust, you will need to provide their pictures and fingerprints along with yours (with the specifics on when that occurs a bit unclear). If you have a trust (like I do) where you are the only controlling trustee, with other people as the beneficiaries, no extra hassle at all.

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    So if I form a trust that includes my 10 & 7 yr old sons, does the fingerprinting and photo requirement present a problem after July & are they considered responsible people or does that also become an issue? Does being a controlling trustee allow the beneficiaries of the trust to avoid the pics and prints and can they be moved around inside the catagories. Trying to wrap my head around taking the dive and how big a hit I can take now or over some time...:spend:

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    So if I form a trust that includes my 10 & 7 yr old sons, does the fingerprinting and photo requirement present a problem after July & are they considered responsible people or does that also become an issue? Does being a controlling trustee allow the beneficiaries of the trust to avoid the pics and prints and can they be moved around inside the catagories. Trying to wrap my head around taking the dive and how big a hit I can take now or over some time...:spend:

Give one of the attorneys a call so they can answer your questions.

Top Bottom