• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    The KelTech Sub 2000 in 9mm with Glock mags. They make a nice soft case that fits under the seat. Mine contains the Sub 20000, (2) factory mags, (4) 33 round mags and 200 rounds of ammo in the boxes. That gives me an accurate weapon and over 300 rounds of ammo in a very small and concealable package.
    I like the way you roll Dave! (And I may holler at you when my rem. 700 is done, for some 1000 yard plinkin company!)

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I like the way you roll Dave! (And I may holler at you when my rem. 700 is done, for some 1000 yard plinkin company!)

Give me a holler any time. I'm a member up at Young's Longshot Range and usually go up there at least once a week. If you're not a member, you can go as a guest.

We have steel every 50 yards out to 1,000 yards and backstops to hang paper at each 100 yard marker. I've got 3 rifles that I shoot with at 1,000 yards:

Armalite AR30 in .338 Lapua Magnum
    Armalite AR-10T in .308
    and my favorite, a Rem 700 with AI chassis in .308

I rarely take the .338; it has become boring at 1,000 yards. I think the most windage I ever dialed in was 1.5 MOA. I like the .308 168 gr loads where you have to dial in 6-8 MOA on windy days and then you have to watch the flags to determine when to pull the trigger.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    The KelTech Sub 2000 in 9mm with Glock mags. They make a nice soft case that fits under the seat. Mine contains the Sub 20000, (2) factory mags, (4) 33 round mags and 200 rounds of ammo in the boxes. That gives me an accurate weapon and over 300 rounds of ammo in a very small and concealable package.

Can you imagine the reaction if you got pulled over and searched by an anti 2nd amendment cop or JBT? I think he might $#!t himself. Imagine all the backup that would arrive when he describes your set up over the radio.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Can you imagine the reaction if you got pulled over and searched by an anti 2nd amendment cop or JBT? I think he might $#!t himself. Imagine all the backup that would arrive when he describes your set up over the radio.

If they searched, they would find the .380 in the upper console, the .357 in the center console, my HK45C on my hip, the KelTec under the seat and my BOB has a 9mm pistol with 200 rounds plus a Henry Survival .22 with another 500 rounds of ammo.

If I was going to the range or expecting trouble, I would be HEAVILY armed.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I'm liking all of the underfolder's; they seem popular for this particular niche, and I can definitely understand why.

How about this; what do you use to secure your weapon in your truck or trunk?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Get a hitch mounted and use one of these so that you don't take up room in the trunk!

Pak_40_02.jpg

I have one of those and I camouflaged it with this

picture.php

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Thinken the same thing myself but the trunk is a little hard to just reach something quickly

Picking up a 95 Pathfinder tonight and gonna figure out a way to mount a Mossberg 590A1 military between frt and rear seats.

Should be a little easier to reach than in the trunk

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    If I didn't have a center console, I would consider a rack kind of like a police cruiser has. The worst part is, I have a sunroof too, so no overhead either. So instead, I adjust my handgun to where I can actually draw while seated. :D

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    This isn't mine, but I ran across it in a search:

photo.jpg

To me it looks like some retention straps would be in order if you had to jam on the brakes or hit a washboard road to quick, but a cool idea.

I don't leave anything in my truck, the days of leaving a rifle in a rear window rifle rack and not worrying about break ins are long gone.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Since I don't ride in the trunk... There is no trunk gun...

It's handy to have a few "tools" hidden in one's trunk, in case one is ever tossed in there to be driven somewhere for nefarious purposes. It's happened many times. One never knows when one may be "riding" in one's own trunk. ;)

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    I have a beat up old Mossberg 600 New Haven 12 ga pump. It has a smoothbore slug barrel so it can handle any loads thrown in it, but I keep slugs and some 00 buck handy. Beat up, but reliable and accurate enough at 50 yds and in.
    Just about any "trunk gun" will be taking on a harsh environment of temp and humidity changes, not even counting the bumps from the roads. The biggest issue is the worry of thieves.

himant

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    how bout a kel-tec sub 2000.. its avail in 9mm or 40,,folds in 1/2 for a very compact and reliable trunk gun, doesnt look bad either !!!

Top Bottom