• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    In fairness, DeSantis bought into the “health experts’” recommendations on lockdowns, etc. But to his credit, once he saw the error of doing it, he’s shown huge balls in defying the experts, the media, the feds, etc. It may not be too much of a stretch to say; if it weren’t for DeSantis, we’d probably all still be walking around in masks and getting shots to keep our jobs.
    Hey, I'm fine with a DeSantis Presidential ticket.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    One thing I AM sick of: Balless Republicans.

OIP.sAMreXe2aGO-RoVaIa8RLwHaES

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    "That as a matter of law, the truth is irrelevant, we have no knowledge that the story is false, therefore we're absent malice."

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I think TPTB know Trump will win the popular vote by a significant margin. They also know their days are numbered and the lunacy of their politics has finally reached the choke point where their arguments are now conflicting. (i.e. If men can get pregnant, how is abortion a women's rights issue? What about people born as women but who transgered themselves into "men"? Do they get an opinion?)

Now whether they'll allow that to happen remains to be seen. I still think Trump's surprise victory sent them into a panic. Their decades long plans that were finally getting close to fruition were suddenly seriously jeopardized by an outsider coming in and shaking things up. That's why it was a full on media and political lie contest to try to get rid of him before he blew the lid off.

As soon as they successfully stole the election they knew this was their last chance. They've been doing everything they possibly can to drive this country into the ditch from day 1 that piece of garbage in the white house raised his right hand.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Maybe he has a case. But Trump seems to spend all his energy looking back. What will he do different with a second term than he did the first time around with things like his covid response. The last I heard, he's still out there bragging about his operation warp speed and his poison vaccine. He needs to assure voters that he'll get rid of the Birx's, Fauci's, Adams, and Pence's in the government that launched two weeks to flatten the curve and all of its off-spring, that the democrats then weaponized and tortured millions of Amercans for going on 2 years now.

Yeah Don, you got screwed in 2020. I believe it. But if you do get a 2nd term, are you going to buckle if you get another covid type event and hand it off to tyrant bureaucrats and spineless subordinates like your last time at bat? Assure us of that.
    I am thinking your wish list would be impossible for ANY candidate; however, IMO, Trump would certainly do his best to tackle it and most likely get us back in the right direction for DeSantis to carry on (for 8 years).

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I do believe it will be different if he is elected. And while fair to appoint some blame directly to Trump for the wuwho flu response, what exactly should he have done? He relied on the then believed scientific experts, is that not what all presidents would have done? What would you have done? I have asked myself that question and have found no satisfying answers. I am not talking one thing, but the totality of the decisions.

I believe he is right to be proud of his part in getting vaccines streamlined, neither you, I, nor Trump are scientists, who knew the entire system was as corrupt as we now know it to be? We understood they were politicized but I never believed they would not do the best for the people in a public health crisis.

My expectations of another Trump term is that he no longer has delusions of working with the other side, as he did in his first term. The difficulty will be just who can Trump trust? Where can he find 600 (a guess on my part) capable, loyal, constitutionally minded appointees? I belI eve he could only trust about a third of his cabinet. What would you do? What would you want him to do? I wish I could answer that.
    Not to mention that even the current (conservative) media darling, Ron DeSantis, instituted Covid emergency measures in March of 2020 and did not rescind the last of them until May of 2021 and he supposedly did everything right. To expect anyone to have known enough to not institute any preventive measures is naive. DeSantis took longer than Trump had left to come to the conclusion he should open up and he did so in a state heavily dependent on tourism and travel and as such was under pressure to lean in that direction. He took a chance rather than tank the state's economy and he gets props for that

Job one for Trump after his inauguration in 2025 will be to take an axe to the deep state, most especially the DoJ and the FBI and most patriots should applaud such an agenda after what we have seen. You are correct, there is no rational way to work with the other side when they are antithetical to everything America should stand for. We can be concerned about the so-called 'good' Democrats and independents either when they wake up and vote MAGA or when they are utterly defeated and we can dictate terms. **** 'em

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Defamation is all about specifics. Specific statements, specific words, specific times and dates.

The OP article isn't very helpful in determining just exactly what the statements of fact were that Trump is claiming are not only false, but were main with malice, knowing that they were false.

I get the general issues...but defamation is not about general impressions or opinions.
    This is usually mentioned by the legal eagle types. Defamation is very hard to prove, they say. Something about conflict between statements of opinion vs. statements of fact. That is why it usually makes headlines when the plaintiff wins. I, as a lay person, suspect Trump will lose this case. But what if team-Trump is able to get this case to court/trial? Would team-Trump be able to use this case to expose what transpires behind the CNN curtain? I'm thinking producers decisions or editorial edicts. Or maybe credulous correspondence(s). Is there a real chance CNN's annals and biases are exposed to the public?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think TPTB know Trump will win the popular vote by a significant margin. They also know their days are numbered and the lunacy of their politics has finally reached the choke point where their arguments are now conflicting. (i.e. If men can get pregnant, how is abortion a women's rights issue? What about people born as women but who transgered themselves into "men"? Do they get an opinion?)

Now whether they'll allow that to happen remains to be seen. I still think Trump's surprise victory sent them into a panic. Their decades long plans that were finally getting close to fruition were suddenly seriously jeopardized by an outsider coming in and shaking things up. That's why it was a full on media and political lie contest to try to get rid of him before he blew the lid off.

As soon as they successfully stole the election they knew this was their last chance. They've been doing everything they possibly can to drive this country into the ditch from day 1 that piece of garbage in the white house raised his right hand.
    Indeed. It might take 4 years of Trump AND 8 years of DeSantis just to make a good start on fixing the damage that has already been done

Way too many currently serving conservative politicians don't appreciate that that's should do EVERYTHING possible to prevent ****ed up legislation from being passed. It is easy to undo an EO but much harder to correct a damging law, even if it was barely passed along party lines (See: Obamacare)

McConnell needs to go for sure, and I favor Scalise over McCarthy. The important thing is for the red wave to immediately begin to right the ship and run things like the majority they are. Anyone waffling out of fear of not being re-elected needs to be made to believe such waffling Guarantees they won't be re-elected

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Nice to see these Trump rallies are bringing large numbers. What if they reach 3, 4 hundred thousand? Uh, that's a revolution.

Top Bottom