• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Maybe he has a case. But Trump seems to spend all his energy looking back. What will he do different with a second term than he did the first time around with things like his covid response. The last I heard, he's still out there bragging about his operation warp speed and his poison vaccine. He needs to assure voters that he'll get rid of the Birx's, Fauci's, Adams, and Pence's in the government that launched two weeks to flatten the curve and all of its off-spring, that the democrats then weaponized and tortured millions of Amercans for going on 2 years now.

Yeah Don, you got screwed in 2020. I believe it. But if you do get a 2nd term, are you going to buckle if you get another covid type event and hand it off to tyrant bureaucrats and spineless subordinates like your last time at bat? Assure us of that.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Maybe he has a case. But Trump seems to spend all his energy looking back. What will he do different with a second term than he did the first time around with things like his covid response. The last I heard, he's still out there bragging about his operation warp speed and his poison vaccine. He needs to assure voters that he'll get rid of the Birx's, Fauci's, Adams, and Pence's in the government that launched two weeks to flatten the curve and all of its off-spring, that the democrats then weaponized and tortured millions of Amercans for going on 2 years now.

Yeah Don, you got screwed in 2020. I believe it. But if you do get a 2nd term, are you going to buckle if you get another covid type event and hand it off to tyrant bureaucrats and spineless subordinates like your last time at bat? Assure us of that.
    I do believe it will be different if he is elected. And while fair to appoint some blame directly to Trump for the wuwho flu response, what exactly should he have done? He relied on the then believed scientific experts, is that not what all presidents would have done? What would you have done? I have asked myself that question and have found no satisfying answers. I am not talking one thing, but the totality of the decisions.

I believe he is right to be proud of his part in getting vaccines streamlined, neither you, I, nor Trump are scientists, who knew the entire system was as corrupt as we now know it to be? We understood they were politicized but I never believed they would not do the best for the people in a public health crisis.

My expectations of another Trump term is that he no longer has delusions of working with the other side, as he did in his first term. The difficulty will be just who can Trump trust? Where can he find 600 (a guess on my part) capable, loyal, constitutionally minded appointees? I belI eve he could only trust about a third of his cabinet. What would you do? What would you want him to do? I wish I could answer that.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    I do believe it will be different if he is elected. And while fair to appoint some blame directly to Trump for the wuwho flu response, what exactly should he have done? He relied on the then believed scientific experts, is that not what all presidents would have done? What would you have done? I have asked myself that question and have found no satisfying answers. I am not talking one thing, but the totality of the decisions.

I believe he is right to be proud of his part in getting vaccines streamlined, neither you, I, nor Trump are scientists, who knew the entire system was as corrupt as we now know it to be? We understood they were politicized but I never believed they would not do the best for the people in a public health crisis.

My expectations of another Trump term is that he no longer has delusions of working with the other side, as he did in his first term. The difficulty will be just who can Trump trust? Where can he find 600 (a guess on my part) capable, loyal, constitutionally minded appointees? I belI eve he could only trust about a third of his cabinet. What would you do? What would you want him to do? I wish I could answer that.
    I think a second Trump term would be great. Maybe I'm a bit optimistic, but, at least he could 'hit the ground running' since he has a much better idea what he's up against. ? I think a Trump/DeSantis ticket would be GREAT! Maybe I'm wrong.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

I would guess a majority of his voters would meet the criteria. Can’t be any less qualified than the so called educated professionals that are running these departments now.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL

Complicated with a ton of variables. I do agree he was probably fooled early on as many of us were. After 28 months many find it hard to believe he hasn't come clean about the vaccine and is playing 4D chess. That's because people don't want to approach life like politicians.

You ask what should he do now and what would we want him to do? He still has to retain some political capital if he is going to run again and he's not speaking freely as polls show him still doing well. I think there needs to be some measured approach where he admits the science was wrong, his advisors now on the hot seat were wrong, and that he was lied to.

He definitely has a track record of finger pointing and blaming others that has worked well as a Populist President....so let's Go! The Vax train narrative is going off the rails hard core right now and he needs to pick the moment to come clean on what has been done to the American people. I've stated before the Vax tyranny would be the biggest political topic, others say the Economy, but IMO he'll need to address it soon. I think definitely before years end based on the trajectory of awakened Normies I'm seeing now.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Defamation is all about specifics. Specific statements, specific words, specific times and dates.

The OP article isn't very helpful in determining just exactly what the statements of fact were that Trump is claiming are not only false, but were main with malice, knowing that they were false.

I get the general issues...but defamation is not about general impressions or opinions.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

The initial response? Sure, if he would have course corrected, all the grace in the world. Have you read Scott Atlas’ book “A Plague on Our House”? That thing, at least the parts I’ve read, will paint the Trump WH, after covid happened, in a disappointing light.

He knew some balance had to be restored when he hired Atlas to that task force. He punted. He let Pence and Birx, et al ram this thing down our throats. He still believes the vaccine is a blessing. With his current posture, i have no reason to believe he wouldn’t do it all over again. If he actually listened to his base, he’d know that this thing is considered by many to be a turd. Remember one of the loan voices in the wilderness warning about the stimulus checks—Thomas Massie? Remember what Trump thought about him and said? I do. Has Trump ever given a moment’s repentance on the kick start his actions had on inducing the inflation we’re experiencing now? I don’t think so, not that I’ve heard. His actions are what prepared the ground for the democrats.

His ego won’t let him do it. (Even if he actually does see the error of this part of his presidency). But if he has experienced a pivot point, he’d be telling us. He’d be telling us what he’d be doing next, the things he now sees as a failure.

Unless he does, we really can’t expect much different. If he insists on reliving 2020 over and over again, I’m not sure the he’ll be successful.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Defamation is all about specifics. Specific statements, specific words, specific times and dates.

The OP article isn't very helpful in determining just exactly what the statements of fact were that Trump is claiming are not only false, but were main with malice, knowing that they were false.

I get the general issues...but defamation is not about general impressions or opinions.
    True, but, people need to start fighting back. The media get's away with murder. It's disgusting.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Who has bigger balls? Trump or DeSantis. I don't know, but, for now, I'm going with Trump. We get him in there again, I truly believe he isn't gonna take any schit.
    In fairness, DeSantis bought into the “health experts’” recommendations on lockdowns, etc. But to his credit, once he saw the error of doing it, he’s shown huge balls in defying the experts, the media, the feds, etc. It may not be too much of a stretch to say; if it weren’t for DeSantis, we’d probably all still be walking around in masks and getting shots to keep our jobs.

Top Bottom