• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's because you only ask question you think the answer would favor you. You're trying to build a dichotomy you can't lose. And I'm not going to let you. You said no gun legislation passed. That's not the right question. The right question is, what did he do? He signed an order directing the ATF to redefine machine gun so that a hung of plastic which has no parts that could be construed as a firearm, is now a firearm that is a machine gun.

Not good. What's Trumptopia gonna do when he does something similar. Will you push back? Or will you pretend he's still perfect?
    Lots of words, still no answer to the question…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Now, how many times have you said it - and how many is enough?

Do you think you're going to change anyones mind? No? Then why keep at it? I'll tell you why, it scratches some itch in your psyche to tear down a guy you don't approve of because [not]YourGuy™ can't get it done and you're probably going to have to vote for Trump (unless you go rogue)

Maybe try to find something new about Trump to complain about? Surely there is plenty of potential grist for your mill

Oh, I've said it probably hundreds of times. I'm a patient man. As long as you guys continue using poor reasoning and blind loyalty, I'm going to continue to speak out against it. Trump is not perfect, and I don't expect him to be. I see this blind loyalty as harmful to a free society, because you can't hold someone you venerate into account. You don't even want to hold him into account. You just take on whatever position he holds as the correct one.

Indeed, I am most likely going to be voting for Trump next November. And I will continue to call out blind loyalty as a problem.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Oh, I've said it probably hundreds of times. I'm a patient man. As long as you guys continue using poor reasoning and blind loyalty, I'm going to continue to speak out against it. Trump is not perfect, and I don't expect him to be. I see this blind loyalty as harmful to a free society, because you can't hold someone you venerate into account. You don't even want to hold him into account. You just take on whatever position he holds as the correct one.

Indeed, I am most likely going to be voting for Trump next November. And I will continue to call out blind loyalty as a problem.
    Funny how responding to one trick, I think the new word is jackbags, that only post negative about Trump, put one in the “blind loyalty” camp…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    pre·sump·tu·ous
    adjective

(of a person or their behavior) failing to observe the limits of what is permitted or appropriate.
    Well, you know, heathen that I am and all, I think this limitation is relevant to Foz's post, but only in the context of my doubt that there are any souls to save or anything from which to save them.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Funny how responding to one trick, I think the new word is jackbags, that only post negative about Trump, put one in the “blind loyalty” camp…
    So you only selectively read my posts? I know you've read them because you put a thumbs up on the ones where I defend Trump against what I think is unfair criticisms, and you seem to love the ones I post where I praise Trump for something or other that he's done that I think is good. So having a capacity to both criticize and praise means I'm blinded? You should rethink that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It gets even more hilarious when Trump commented about it on Truth Social and DeSantis responded to Trump by saying if he has the balls to show up at a debate, I'll wear a boot on my head.

Well, I've said a number of times DeSantis doesn't have very good political instincts. He has no moxie. He's a policy wonk. Sometimes you need a policy wonk. It really sucks for him that he's in a race with a guy with moxie and political instincts. He's not gonna win that battle.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So you only selectively read my posts? I know you've read them because you put a thumbs up on the ones where I defend Trump against what I think is unfair criticisms, and you seem to love the ones I post where I praise Trump for something or other that he's done that I think is good. So having a capacity to both criticize and praise means I'm blinded? You should rethink that.
    No awareness that the vast majority of your posts come off as negative about Trump or trying to force Trump supporters to acknowledge the same old points years later, and the posts generally cannot defend Trump without adding negatives.

Your positive to negative ratio tells the true story…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You do believe you are the smartest man in the room, so you should get along… :lmfao:
    No. I don't believe I'm the smartest guy in the room. I mean, seriously, who who does that? Who rates where he is relative to everyone else on a discussion board? No one does that. That would be weird.

I'm also not the only one saying the things I'm saying. But anyway, I can recognize when someone is trying to limit the discussion to avoid having to defend indefensible positions.

This whole argument distills into "Trump is perfect" vs "No he's not". So guess which is the accurate position to hold?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No awareness that the vast majority of your posts come off as negative about Trump or trying to force Trump supporters to acknowledge the same old points years later, and the posts generally cannot defend Trump without adding negatives.

To say what's true is the right way to do things, I think. Sometimes saying what's true means you take the bad with the good.

Your positive to negative ratio tells the true story…
    really? There's a ratio? And that tells the true story? LOL. If it tells any story it's the number of negatives that flow with the positives. I come back to the same point where I have to wonder why you guys do this to yourselves. Why do you refuse reality when reality isn't that tough of a pill to swallow. On balance we could do worse than Trump. And I think right now he's gonna be it. And that's all there is to it.

I hope he doesn't sign any more EO's ordering the BATF'kers to expand more words. If he does it again, I'm gonna write the ************ and tell him what's up? Will you? Or will you stress the extent of your reasoning skills to rationalize a reason why it's fine? Lawn Jarts? Please. Get that weak as **** outta here.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One other thing about the whole "ratio". On posts where I defend or praise Trump, I really don't get a lot of fallout. There isn't much back and forth. But holy ****, if I say one thing the Trumpers think is a criticism, 10 people come out of the woodwork, and the two reliable ones fight the idea tooth and nail, because we can't have a cross word said about the king.

Let me ask. Is Trump perfect? I expect a no there if we're all rational people. Are the ways in which Trump is imperfect harmful? I think yes. You're gonna insist that Trump's the guy, you guys are a big group. Not much I have to say about that. But maybe just hold the guy into account. Is he free to do anything and you wouldn't push back?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm not in a cult for, or a cult against.
    Respectfully, from where I sit, that seems a bit of a stretch

I don't know if people think McConnell caused damage to the cause in 2020 by denigrating and refusing to fund candidates for the senate CHOSEN BY THE PEOPLE because he didn't like Trump and Trumpian ideas, but the argument can be made. Or, like some on INGO, just blame Trump for everything

But I think you are whistling past the graveyard if you don't think Trump has the best chance to retake the whitehouse, and perhaps you to are damaging the cause in your own way by withholding support of all kinds from the man widely regarded as having a lock on the nomination and waiting until the short period of time between nomination and election to reluctantly try to make up for lost time (if you will even do that). That is time that could be used to work on down-ballot candidates since even the best candidate can't do much without like minded people elected to congress

If, as was admitted, the relentless criticism of Trump is not expected to accomplish anything as far as moving the voting preference needle, could it be that there is a clandestine sort of sour grapes delight in the practice?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Kim outperformed Trump in Iowa. So did Grassley. He lies about this. We're supposed to just ignore it and him attacking the party.
    But, of course, the party attacking him is just fine, yes?

Latest RCP average on Iowa is Trump at 47.0, which is +29.7 over his closest competitor (ShoeLift) as well as +6.4 over the total if all other competitors dropped out and ALL of their voters went to ShoeLift

Now, do you think Trump means she wouldn't get re-elected or does he mean that ****ing off nearly half of her party's voters in Iowa might make her unpopular currently?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Respectfully, from where I sit, that seems a bit of a stretch

I don't know if people think McConnell caused damage to the cause in 2020 by denigrating and refusing to fund candidates for the senate CHOSEN BY THE PEOPLE because he didn't like Trump and Trumpian ideas, but the argument can be made. Or, like some on INGO, just blame Trump for everything
    I don't think you'll find much support for McConnell on INGO. Some people believe in the devil, and if there is one, McConnell must be his offspring.

Some of the failures of the Trump administration were due to McConnell, and not just McConnell. Pence I think was trying to run interference in favor of elitist interest throughout. Pence may even have been made running mate on the advice from the devil.

But. Some were unforced errors. Now I suppose if you want to claim that Trump did the bumpstock EO because the devil made him to do it, okay, fine. Doesn't give me a lot of hope that Trump can overcome the devil.

But I think you are whistling past the graveyard if you don't think Trump has the best chance to retake the whitehouse, and perhaps you to are damaging the cause in your own way by withholding support of all kinds from the man widely regarded as having a lock on the nomination and waiting until the short period of time between nomination and election to reluctantly try to make up for lost time (if you will even do that). That is time that could be used to work on down-ballot candidates since even the best candidate can't do much without like minded people elected to congress
    You guys keep making this argument. Support Trump uncritically because he's gonna win the nomination.

No. If Trump does not want to be criticized by his own voters he should try better not to do things to be criticized for.

If, as was admitted, the relentless criticism of Trump is not expected to accomplish anything as far as moving the voting preference needle, could it be that there is a clandestine sort of sour grapes delight in the practice?

I don't know about the others, or their motivations. I have reslved that I'm likely voting for Trump because I don't think any better candidates have the moxie to defeat him especially because of the voters mistaken need for moxie. But it is what it is.

When Trump ****s up, I'll be talking about it. I said "when" because it's inevitable. Everyone ****s up. We should call our leaders out when they **** up. it's silly to claim that doing so harms him. If everyone did it Trump would be a better candidate.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    People connected to the big city machines vote for them because there is usually something in it for them in addition to the ideology. As cities continue to deteriorate I'll be curious to see if folks give up on the ideology part because of worsening conditions.
    The machines still decide who counts the vote, and as we saw in Detroit they can turn out enforcers for the purposes of intimidation of observers and officials with impunity

I'm not looking for anyone to break the machines hold on Chicago in my lifetime (unless the machine suddenly gets religion)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom