• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I believe she has made the statement (paraphrased) that she will not run for an office other than governor. She is an incredible governor that, IMO, is doing a much better job of representing her state's best interest than Desantis. No offense to Desantis. She is legend.
    Even if she's sticking around as governor, that's a big oof. Did you read the article I linked?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So no proof, just feelz and a touch of confirmation bias. Check
    Saying we don't know what Trump may have gained from the bear thing is a) claiming something without proof; b) just for feelz, and c) confirmation bias? C'mon man. Saying that it's speculation to say Trump was motivated by any of those things is speculation doesn't fit any of those. Or maybe you misunderstood. Yeah. Let's go with that one. It's the most charitable explanation.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No. It has nothing to do with appeasement. I'm saying a good strategy is to put up a candidate who appeals more broadly to sane people. The left hates everything to the right of Stalin anymore. Who gives a **** what they think of a Republican candidate. They'll think any Republican is literally Hitler anyway. There aren't enough Trumpers to win. Why do you think there are?

Neither the right nor left have a majority. Bot sides are dependent in independent voters. Trump got a narrow win in swing states in 2016 because of a great ground game. That's gone now. What strategy can Trump use to win in swing states in 2024, like he did in 2016? I'm not seeing it.
    There are enough Trump supporters to win. And there are more out there if there is a will to win. There always have been. Why do you think the left is doing all it does, both legal and illegal to win.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I believe she has made the statement (paraphrased) that she will not run for an office other than governor. She is an incredible governor that, IMO, is doing a much better job of representing her state's best interest than Desantis. No offense to Desantis. She is legend.
    Yeah, count me out if she's supporting the grooming nonsense.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Didn't you say that was me once?
    What, that you were a Libertarian?

I alluded to Pilate washing his hands quite a bit among the 'muh principles' subset of NTs and ABTs going into the'16 election and opined that I thought TLex must be fronting the Manus Lavis party but I don't believe I ever called you Pilate or a modern Pilate or any some such formulation

I do think that the people getting fired up about Pilate for more than hand-washing seem to skip over the guilt of the people themselves in Christ's crucifixion in that they chose Barabbas over Jesus as the one to be pardoned at Passover. The lesson of Pilate is that you can't keep your hands clean just because you fail to participate fully in events

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    We all know how we feel about polls, however:
    If Biden ends up with $15 a gallon for fuel, or milk. If people can't afford heating fuel, natural gas, and propane and many freeze all winter. If they can't afford groceries because they have increased 500%. If Biden is still the only Democrat party candidate for president in 2024 Democrat voters will vote him in again.
    Only way Biden doesn't get their vote is if he dies or becomes totally incapable of signing laws the Democrat party want and they replace him.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Unfortunately attempting to seek resolution instead of constantly seeking to stir the **** is sorely missing these days.
    That's because 'resolution' implies reaching some kind of an end point, but that is also 'sorely missing these days'

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Thank you for proving my point so expeditiously

You claim people expect nothing but perfection, I say, no, I don't expect anyone to be perfect. And that somehow proves your point that we expect perfection? You're making the charitable interpretation a lot harder to accept.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You just described DJT to a tee. His agenda was 100% policy-driven.

But, mean tweets. I don't consider those "culture war", do you?
    It's both though, isn't it? It's policy. And it's culture war. I'd vote for Trump, I'd prefer some better behavior, but regardless, before any Democrat on policy or culture war. I suspect LG isn't as apathetic on culture war as he wants to think. The tenor of some of his posts betray him.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That's because 'resolution' implies reaching some kind of an end point, but that is also 'sorely missing these days'
    Constantly stirring up the **** with personal insults will not contribute to reaching a resolute end point either.

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I agree, I've been very happy with her. I work at the campus that drag nonsense was conducted, there were advertisements on the bulletin board for it where I get my coffee. I've been here less than a year but it did surprise me when I saw it but it is a college campus but no where near the nonsense you'd see at say IU. Since i've been here there have been good pro-gun bills passed among other things. She just took tik-tok use off govt devices. I guess that particular drag event had been going on for years but it seemed the advertisement for it is what caused the controversy.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Even if she's sticking around as governor, that's a big oof. Did you read the article I linked?

I admit I did not initially. I went back and read it. I'm skeptical about the post. I'm not familiar with the page publisher.

Did she not sign legislation stopping biological males from competing in women's sports?

It's possible the article calling her a bitch is unbiased and factual. It is also possible it is an attack against a governor that kept the state open from the beginning of the corona panic.

If what they are saying is true, it is (to say the least) concerning. I'm not willing to lose faith in her over one article that calls her a bitch and makes other accusations. It's pretty well known that media engages in coordinated attacks against people who are targeted.

If this article is true, this is not meant to take away from her responsibility, but where are the parents that send their kids to this school? Why are they not making a bigger issue of this?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You claim people expect nothing but perfection, I say, no, I don't expect anyone to be perfect. And that somehow proves your point that we expect perfection? You're making the charitable interpretation a lot harder to accept.
    No. I notice you don't even consider the second part, where you assert that is just a cover for ignoring 'legitimate complaints about Trump', ignoring as well that blanket-labeling the many and varied complaints as 'legitimate' is begging the question at its finest

That proves the point, any admission that Trump is not a perfect candidate is not enough. You merely want to hear your opinions coming out of my mouth

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If she supports it wouldn't that help her with that other 50% you're always railing about.
    I suspect you have no idea the message I'm trying to convey. Grooming is a far left thing. I've never advocated that right wing candidates should try to compromise with bat **** crazy. There are a lot of independents who are allies with people who are against woke. It wasn't Trumpers who won the Virginia governorship. It was independents who saw the nonsense they were doing in schools and said, that's enough. They voted for a change.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You are leaving out a key phrase which Bug did also quite conveniently.

There is a difference between calling someone a judas, in common terms because of Christian influence, and calling someone the Judas of 2000 years ago. That is a very specific reference.
    You're bound and determined to be offended and I just don't give a dry ****. I'm also not the one who used the language that has knotted your knickers. I merely offered an alternative interpretation to the one that someone meant to imply you betrayed Christ

So, ball's in your court (at least with respect to me)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom