• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's because the CoC Republicans cling to the belief that "we're better than that". There's a reason for the saying, "Nice guys finish last."

Or "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck." - Jeff Cooper (or John Steinbeck or a number of others, if the internet is to be believed. :): )
    I said it after 2020. Now that there’s mail in voting, that genie is not likely going back in the bottle without a big fight. Republicans need to learn ballot harvesting. And do it as good or better than Democrats.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I just listened to the first couple of minutes of this. While he sounds much better than the democrat alternative, make no mistake: this is what it sounds like when republicans buy into government spending money to solve peoples’ problems.

We are no longer the party of…well, maybe if government were much smaller, its policies didn’t drive families into both parents into the job market to just barely make ends meet, parents would be able to afford to pay for child care out of their own pockets. Or maybe, just maybe, the mom could afford to stay home and the family could live off the income dad makes.

The younger generation like JD here has never know a time personally, where moms actually stayed home to take care of the home. It is a concept foreign to them. But spending your tax money in a “better way” is not. It’s the now Republican mindset.
    Have you read or ar least watched Hillbilly Elegy? It sounds like you think Vance was raised in a clichéd suburban home. Far from it.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    So?

You guys are basically saying the state Republican parties are useless and helpless. Poor things just can't figure out how to combat those evil Democrats and their blatant cheating. That is really pathetic if true.
    What have you done? Pretty easy to point the finger...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It's because the CoC Republicans cling to the belief that "we're better than that". There's a reason for the saying, "Nice guys finish last."

Or "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck." - Jeff Cooper (or John Steinbeck or a number of others, if the internet is to be believed. :): )
    I think this is a very good answer. I would add that democrats and republicans are very different in their thinking about politics, and that difference is often exhibited here. When suggested that republicans do what democrats do back to them the response is often a recoil in horror. Why? While there are certainly republicans that cheated for personal gain in elections, but there is no evidence of widespread cheating for the party or cause. I don’t even believe the most anti-abortion believers would cheat to win an election.

Does anyone here believe that the dems would not cheat in elections if they could ban guns or for the good of the cause? The dems have no respect for institutions and therefore no desire to conserve them. The sanctity of elections mean nothing to them so there is no hesitation to destroy. They only crave power and the exercise of it over others.

Voting is a sacred civic duty of many conservatives it is a mechanism to achieve power for the left…

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think this is a very good answer. I would add that democrats and republicans are very different in their thinking about politics, and that difference is often exhibited here. When suggested that republicans do what [WE ACCUSE DEMOCRATS OF DOING] back to them the response is often a recoil in horror. Why? While there are certainly republicans that cheated for personal gain in elections, but there is no evidence of widespread cheating for the party or cause. I don’t even believe the most anti-abortion believers would cheat to win an election.
    FIFY
    Does anyone here believe that the dems would not cheat in elections if they could ban guns or for the good of the cause? The dems have no respect for institutions and therefore no desire to conserve them. The sanctity of elections mean nothing to them so there is no hesitation to destroy. They only crave power and the exercise of it over others.

Voting is a sacred civic duty of many conservatives it is a mechanism to achieve power for the left…

This reeks of out group bias. You disagree with the other party's politics, made them your enemy, determined they are evil, then ascribed evil motives and actions. But of course, your own side is righteous, therefore does not engage of shenanigans of any sort.

The realty is that both sides are filled with humans, and all humans are vulnerable to lusting for power.

Top Bottom