• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Reminds me of my youth and a not so bright friend of mine who used to like to mess around with his gun, kind of like a bad tick. One day we were in the kitchen and he was messing around and shot a whole in my kitchen wall. We were in our early 20s, needless to say my girlfriend who was there at the time was not so happy and that friend was never allowed to have his gun out in the house again.
    Seriously, glad no one got hurt.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Thank GOD no one was hurt, all joking aside - this should be a lesson for all of us.

+1 to the OP for having the balls to admit his folly!

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    A) You bought a pistol that loads with clips? I imagine a magazine-fed pistol would be faster on the reload.

B) Am I to determine from the OP that you bought a pistol, loaded it, carried it without a holster, in a self-defense role, without ever having fired it?

Um, he did fire it...

:p

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    OP, stories like yours are a good reminder that no matter how much experience one may have, it only takes a second or two lapse in judgment for something very bad to happen.

Your story also shows the importance of the four rules, and that at least two of those rules have to be broken before someone is injured (I agree that pointing at the fridge is a safe place to point it).

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    I wouldn't call this an AD but a ND. :nono:

I've always been told there is no such thing as an AD, only an ND.

(Except, of course, for cases where the discharge was caused PURELY by mechanical failure of the firearm)

This being said, I will admit that I have had an ND of my own, no injuries. It's always a sobering moment.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Would you like to come over to my apartment and shoot my refigerator? It is starting to make a lot of noise and the complex will not do anything for me until it actually quits working or burns up or blows up. My next door neighbors who live in the apartment behind the wall that my refrigerator is backed up to are also a little too noisy for my liking and need to be quieted down.

davek22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Reminds me of the time I shot the tv with a 92 winchester while watching cowboy movies. Of course I was 6 at the time!

Money17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I had my first and hopefully last AD/ND experience two weeks ago by one of my best friends since child hood. Very scary and hope to never go through it again. Glad that neither you or your wife were hurt.

BigGuyinMuncie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Muncie
    That fridge had it coming. The way it stood there, mocking you. I am suprised it took you this look to take it out. :): All in all, how's the little Kel-Tec shoot?

2aussies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I sort of had a similar experience, but not as dramatic as shooting the fridge. When I got my new Sig, I was experimenting with the decocker, (I was outside in the field behind the house) I tried decocking while squeezing the trigger. you guessed it BOOM! Read a little further in manual and this is scenario is addressed. Be safe out there

Top Bottom