• 4-door truck

• Total voters

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I like the cummins, however the the Chevy/gmc inside and out better, but like how ford pulled themselves out of debt without obama's money. A nieghbor of mine has a sweet tundra with extra cool looking stuff, I might vote for tundra

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    The 3/4 ton truck will protect you better in an accident, can pulled a bigger trailer than a half-ton, & the diesel engines are faster than the gas engine & will last longer

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    GMC. 1/2 ton extended cab with the towing package. 4WD with th 5.2 gets fair to good mileage depending on what we are doing. Towed a 26 ft. enclosed trailer with the race car and all the gear. GTW was 7800 and it never missed a beat. I will have it until it rusts in two.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    We had Fords, Chevy, GMC and Dodge pick ups in our plumbing business. Our mechanic told me one day that Dodge isn't in the same league with GM and Ford trucks. The later are just built tougher.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    all depends on what you want to work on
    fords have coil pack probelms some timng chain problems
    chevy fuel pumps go out regular
    dodge coil packs and front ends

the perfect truck chevy body ford frame/drive line with cummins engine !

Need the Allison trans in there.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The 3/4 ton truck will protect you better in an accident,

Ummmm... no.

can pulled a bigger trailer than a half-ton,

Of course it will, that's what it's made to do at the cost of a horrible ride and worse fuel economy. A half ton truck pulls 7k+ lbs easily these days. If you're pulling more than that consistently than yes, you should consider a 3/4-1T truck.

& the diesel engines are faster than the gas engine & will last longer

Not any more. The gas engines will run 500k miles with less costly maintenancethan the diesels now. THe gas engines are also carrying less weight than their diesel counterparts because they don't need to be.

If you truly need the capacity of a 3/4 ton truck on a regular basis, than yes get it now. But if it's a daily driver with the occasional normal duty, a half ton is more than capable, especially with the new breed of trucks on the market.

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    IMAG0154.jpg

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    My Ford Supercrew 4x4 has over 100K trouble free miles so far.
    If I were to buy new I would also go with the Tundra, what can I say, my first two trucks were little toyota 4x4's and I beat them to death off road, cutting wood, whatever and they just came back for more.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Man, this is worse than the Glock vs. 1911 debates!

I've had 2 GM crew cab trucks. Liked them both. Looked at the Dodge and Ford before I bought the current GMC. Both were more expensive for the options I wanted. The Dodge interior felt smaller (unless you got the Mega Cab). The Ford just seemed... cheap.

So, yeah, I like my truck: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500 Crewcab/shortbed/Duramax/Allison. It does everything I've asked of it.

Seriously? You thought the Ford interior looked cheap compared to a GM? What were you comparing an LTZ to an XL? :):

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    Oh goodness. I'll toss in my :twocents: just because I can.

I miss my Ford truck. Bigtime. But I was hauling back and forth to school ~60mi a day, and it was becoming expensive on a minimum wage <15hrs/wk paycheck.

However, Ford did manage to not go dipping into the bailout money offered. They just pulled themselves up and got to work. :)

Plus, I'm a 3rd generation Ford girl. My daddy and grandfather both still work there. I may end up there eventually...

In the case of my FORD focus, the seats are great at getting stained really easy...even from water.

That's what I have now. Not the best with the cloth seats and stains. However, that Bissell Little Green Machine does wonders on car seats. And floor mats. And just about everything.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Seriously? You thought the Ford interior looked cheap compared to a GM? What were you comparing an LTZ to an XL? :):
    I compared $50K trucks. I couldn't afford the King Ranch in a 3/4 ton 4x4 diesel. I think that put me in a Lariat or XLT. For the money, GMC offers their SLT or even their Denali.

Maybe in the 1/2 ton trucks the prices are different.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I would love to see at least ten examples of a MODERN V8 gas engine running 500,000 miles. Back this up because I call B.S.
    Well, I;'ve have 4 over 250k miles with no rebuilds that were sold to others who kept driving them... and they weren't the newer designs. I've got 3 examples of original LS-based GM engines with over 350k miles off the top of my head still running like a top....

But you're right. Everyone should spend $50k on 1 ton diesel trucks because it's a much smarter choice than spending $19K on a gasser that gets better fuel mileage and does everything that person needs. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom