• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    1) Do you leave a firearm in your truck at all times? Or do you bring it back in your house at night?

2) Where do you holster your firearm when driving?

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I don't have a truck... yet. But the same could apply to a car, I would imagine. If you disagree, just don't read my answers :):

1) I never leave any guns in my vehicle overnight.

2) At 3-4 o'clock on my hip.

I don't see a need to keep a gun in my car since I always have one on my person... and my person is on a leash.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I have a car....

If I'm in the car the gun is on me. If I must leave gun in car it goes in center console. Gun is never left over night.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't leave a weapon in the vehicle. I'd like to find a good holster to mount in the truck but have yet to find one that works for me. I tend to carry more than one type of gun, so a mounted holster for a Glock will not have much use if I'm carrying a CZ or 1911 that day.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    A loose gun between the seat and console will become a deadly flying object in an accident. And I have had enough vehicles broken into that I will never leave anything valuable in one again. A handgun should be securely strapped to your body at all times. Think about how you will feel if it is stolen by some lowlife and is now on the street.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I never leave a firearm in my truck overnight, period.
    For around town trips it just stays on my hip.
    For the occasional trip to a GFZ, I have a lock box bolted to the floor of the pickup.
    For the looong trips in the Cherokee, I have mounted a holster inside the center console for quick access.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    1) I carry on my person
    2) On my right hip

I HAVE left guns in the truck overnight, after returning from the range. Of course, I park in my garage, so not exactly "unsecured".

I also have a lockbox in the vehicle, in case I am required to disarm.

And lastly, I've never seen the need to take it off of my hip to drive. No reason to make it less accessible, or let it fly around the car during a collision.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I don't leave any firearms in my car overnight, but I do have a cheap leather holster bolted to the side of my console that can securely house a fullsized handgun or a compact. Seeing as I normally pocket carry my compact, I take it out of my pocket and place it in the car holster so that I can reach it easier if I need it. It's also good for long trips and a little more comfortable than having it dig in my hip while driving.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I keep the 1911 on me, but I have a single shot 12 gauge behind the seats. It stays there year round in a sock, and I park in a garage. Box of birdshot and bandolier of buckshot aren't too far aaway in the GHB.

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    I am glad to hear everyones opinion. I had the same thought as far as not keeping your firearm in the truck. I like the idea of lock box. I'd like to get one of those.... do any of your have pictures of your lock box? Like to get a few ideas of what to purchase and how to safely mount it to the truck.

I also like the idea of a holster in the center counsel. While I do carry with me on weekend, its not an option to carry with me during my work day. I am a school teacher... so I am looking into other options.

Pictures of their truck holsters would be great as well.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    Stays with me.

In the holster.

Unless there's a bad guy or really REALLY big spider.

or BACON!

I carry mine on my person. Never leave it in the truck overnight. But when I have to take it out of the holster to a GFZ like my kids school, I have a lockbox bolted to the floor where you really have to look for it in both my vehicles.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I am glad to hear everyones opinion. I had the same thought as far as not keeping your firearm in the truck. I like the idea of lock box. I'd like to get one of those.... do any of your have pictures of your lock box? Like to get a few ideas of what to purchase and how to safely mount it to the truck.

I also like the idea of a holster in the center counsel. While I do carry with me on weekend, its not an option to carry with me during my work day. I am a school teacher... so I am looking into other options.

Pictures of their truck holsters would be great as well.

I don't have a picture, but in my F150 I plan on mounting a holster to my cb mount just in front of the center seat.

It's a stick shift, so just about anywhere on the dash is out of the question. The CB mount will of course be built strong enough to support the additional weight of my BUG ( Tarus TCP). I got accustomed to it being tucked in the seat next to me in my car, so now I plan on having something a bit more secure in the truck.

Top Bottom