• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benjamin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    SKS gets my vote. It has a ton more stopping power over the 9mm even with self defense ammo. If you can't stop someone or something with 10 rounds out of that rifle then you really have problems. If 10 rounds isn't enough load up another clip. Ammo is cheap and easy to find for both. Also, I personally think an SKS is more fun to shoot and truck guns often come out as plinker guns at the range.

crmguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Sullivan
    out of the two I would go with the SKS. but here is my :twocents: I think a shot gun would work the best (for self defence anyway) if it is not somthing with in buckshot range why try to get involved

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I agree with Benjamin, if 10 rounds out of that rifle won't solve your problem, chances are nothing else will.

Be a hell of a gunfight to get past 10 rounds. I could see maybe a guy barricaded behind a vehicle but if he isn't behind the engine block, I could probably still hit him if you can just hit sheet metal. Lotsa penetration in that round with FMJ.

Rogercaruthers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2009
    Go for the 9mm... Less penetration incase ya miss or go through what youre shooting... Its a given SKS' have proven their reliability... and idk about the hi-points but from what i hear they are fairly decent. SO this brings me to the second point... you have to be able to trust that when you pull the trigger it will go bang... Thats the most important part.. As for getting your vehicle stolen ot items in your vehicle stolen.. the SKS would be jsut as dangerous as any other firearm to have stolen but it would cost less to keep it at home and have the hi point stolen... I bet these look pretty familiar but im just puttin my two cents in! have a good one!

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I would go 9mm. distance should not be an issue, anything over the distance that the 9mm will reach you should probably be retreating anyway, and if they attack you from outside that range they probably are a good enough shot to hit you and definitely have a better strategic advantage on you too. also unless your in a rural area over penetration SHOULD be a concern. and as much as people would like you to believe otherwise a 9mm is a very capable man stopper with a variety of options in the penetration/lethality ratio to suit any given situation. plus the carbine is a heck of a lot lighter.:twocents:

edit: if your worried about hi-point reliability(some people are) step up to a sub 2000

Top Bottom